FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Suggestions for Furniture
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player Homes » Suggestions for Furniture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject:

No, the economy isn't based of the Yen, thank goodness. But, the Haelrahvian credit isn't worth a dollar. Inflation, and the fact that some systems pay better than they probably should and people spend more time here making cash...in more varied and numerous ways...than people do in real life. Should Haelrahv's economy reflect a real life economy? Perhaps it should to an extent, but who wants to work for 8-12 hours doing a job that only generates from $6-$20 each hour? We have a foraging based economy, pretty much...because that's how the majority of people make their income, or at least start out. Potions are based on this. The first money anyone has is based on this. Is Haelrahv's economy BAD? No...people have plenty of money, if not TOO much money. So I'd dare say the economy is good, we just need to spend more time roleplaying to balance things out. Wink
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject:

heh, i get that homes and a lot of the furniture are moneysinks for an overinflated economy, but it's still amusing to see a trash can selling for $10,000 Razz
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject:

Roselie and I settled on that price because they're useful, much sought after tools for the home. Remember, a trashcan in Haelrahv is much more complicated than a trashcan in the real world...because this one is coded to take out its own trash. Although, for the record, I did want you to be charged everytime it did so... But you will be charged for hiring a maid, ordering pizza, and if your fire alarm goes off and there's no fire...the fire department will get angry. Welcome to The HaelSims.
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject:

HR-Beau wrote:
Roselie and I settled on that price because they're useful, much sought after tools for the home. Remember, a trashcan in Haelrahv is much more complicated than a trashcan in the real world...because this one is coded to take out its own trash.

i know. i was just amused over the money value difference.

Quote:
Although, for the record, I did want you to be charged everytime it did so... But you will be charged for hiring a maid, ordering pizza, and if your fire alarm goes off and there's no fire...the fire department will get angry. Welcome to The HaelSims.

now what would getting an NPC put into your home cost, oh geez, heh.
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject:

That would depend on how complicated it had to be. Does it move? Does it speak? How many random actions does it have? What sort of things can you ask it? What does it look like...how much clothing is it wearing? Does it only show up at day/night? Does it do/make anything special? Teach anything?

They'd be very expensive. I'd think in the HIGH hundred thousands, or millions. And that's not half the things they COULD do. They also add to the strain on the server...so that cost has to be justified.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject:

HR-Beau wrote:
That would depend on how complicated it had to be. Does it move? Does it speak? How many random actions does it have? What sort of things can you ask it? What does it look like...how much clothing is it wearing? Does it only show up at day/night? Does it do/make anything special? Teach anything?

They'd be very expensive. I'd think in the HIGH hundred thousands, or millions. And that's not half the things they COULD do. They also add to the strain on the server...so that cost has to be justified.

See my suggestion on this. I want one that can even answer questions!

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Random things thought up while furnishing the Llanfair Academy's music hall:

-- Path lighting. I don't know what they're really called, and I don't care to google for it right now. Basically those little lantern light dealies you place along walkways.

-- Christmas lights. Again, I don't know the technical name, but whatever. Would be great for "dressing up" an outdoor area. I'm only interested in the plain, regular white light ones, but I suppose the multicolour ones wouldn't be too bad. And this leads me to...

-- Trees/shrubs/etc. Foliage that can physically be planted so we can interact with it. I wouldn't want to see forageables, for obvious reasons.

There was something else, but I forgot it.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
-- Christmas lights. Again, I don't know the technical name, but whatever. Would be great for "dressing up" an outdoor area. I'm only interested in the plain, regular white light ones, but I suppose the multicolour ones wouldn't be too bad. And this leads me to...

See the trailer covered in twinkling lights!
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject:

another thing that came up when will and i were doing some academy shopping.

i notice that the sofas and chairs all tend to hold 12/8 items and this is probably what makes them so damned expensive.

is it possible for some cheaper sofas/chairs to come out that hold less and only hold butts?
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Teehee, you said butt.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
Teehee, you said butt.

--William

<has visions of Beevus and Butthead> Rolling Eyes

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player Homes » Suggestions for Furniture
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: