FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Misdirected posts.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player Homes » Misdirected posts.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:36 am    Post subject: Misdirected posts.

Edited by Trevor: The original question here was in an inappropriate thread but has since been moved along with all followups. The question was regarding selling homes to another player.

Last edited by ragonda on Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject:

But to answer, you can't sell or trade homes to other players. You have to sell it back normally and then another player could buy the home but it would be a fresh home aside from its exterior text.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy

Last edited by HR-Trevor on Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Orodreth

Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Home pricing

I know that the idea is to make everyone happy with the home configurations, but there is one thing that I am unhappy about...
Why are the lawns mandatory in the larger homes.

I would prefer the lawn "slots" to be available, but you have to purchase the lawns as add-ons like the other things.

A) I dont want a lawn at my house anyway.
B) I'd rather have another room instead of the lawn slot.
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Home pricing

Orodreth wrote:
I know that the idea is to make everyone happy with the home configurations, but there is one thing that I am unhappy about...
Why are the lawns mandatory in the larger homes.

I would prefer the lawn "slots" to be available, but you have to purchase the lawns as add-ons like the other things.

A) I dont want a lawn at my house anyway.
B) I'd rather have another room instead of the lawn slot.

You don't have to have a lawn. Just don't connect the lawn to another room...that way, it doesn't exsist.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Please keep posts/replies/questions of a non-informative nature to other threads in the homes topic, so this useful thread isn't cluttered...

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject:

Okay, now that I've made this lovely little cleanup thread...

Lawns are optional in that you don't have to connect them if you don't want to. However, using your lawn as an interior instead is not an option, primarily in order to keep item storage in check.

If there seems to be great interest in it, I may add an option to allow lawn rooms to be converted to interior rooms with the stipulation they can't hold personal belongings (but can hold furnishings). I'd probably reduce their space for furnishings a bit too, and you'd have to pay a fee to construct these rooms out of lawns.

But, the option that isn't likely at this time is to allow homes to store more personal belongings by turning lawns into extra storage space.

Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
If there seems to be great interest in it, I may add an option to allow lawn rooms to be converted to interior rooms with the stipulation they can't hold personal belongings (but can hold furnishings). I'd probably reduce their space for furnishings a bit too, and you'd have to pay a fee to construct these rooms out of lawns.

This kinda falls in the same category...

How about our additional rooms (the ones we have to pay to be added)? Can we have the option of making these lawn rooms if we choose?

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Enverdi
Strange and Exciting

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:

You mean...like a patio?
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Well, more like actual interior rooms, and you could put normal interior furnishings in them but these would not be able to hold possessions. You'd also not be able to put any "carryable" furnishings (i.e. lamps you can pick up) in them.

Back to top »
Orodreth

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Good point Trevor.

I would prefer to have a "lawn slot(s)" like we have labs available as extra addons.

I am not proposing changing the storage space available (I didn't know it was a multiple of thenumber of rooms). I wouldn't mind if the "lawn" space could just be changed to "interior" furniture accessible with no storage space... we could use this for Foyers, porch, balcony, patio, etc... works for me.

I'm just anti-lawn, so why should I have to be required to have one if I want a medium or larger home.
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject:

It's not that you're required per se. If you don't attach the exits to the lawn rooms, then in the game itself they don't exist. And sides, you CAN treat them like a foyer if you want. They don't come foragable. You have to add the compost and rocks and sand and stuff yourself afterall.

And nothing about a 'lawn room' is actually a lawn unless you make it so. Create a sunroom or a solarium. Or perhaps an attached green house. Or even just a hallway. The only difference between and interior and exterior room is that you can see the sun...but if you have a lot of windows in the hall or foyer, problem solves.

Of course, you'll need to buy Aloria alterations to turn the lawn funiture into something that scream 'patio' a little less. Or just have all the furniture in the discription of the room anyhow and ACT out interaction with the furniture.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject:

Orodreth wrote:
I'm just anti-lawn, so why should I have to be required to have one if I want a medium or larger home.

Not to be rude or anything, but people have given you many options on here. In addition to that, these are, in my limited experience, the coolest player homes I've ever seen for a normal gaming MUD.

Figure something out and go with it...this isn't DR and you DO have options.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tao

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject:

How abouts a having a pond on the front lawn? And a pond in the back!

*sings* Living on a bayou...
Orodreth

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject:

So the "lawn" rooms are simply exterior rooms that allow furniture but no storage. They are exposed to the sunlight (in the description), so a windowless "lawn"room is out of the question as mentioned in a previous post. But aside from the sunlight factor, the "lawn" rooms can be named and described as anything (foyer, hallway, greenhouse, balcony, etc).

If this is the case, then my needs are met. Thank you all for the clarification.

If this is not the case, then my original point remains... I don't want to pay for a "lawn" room that I will disconnect to avoid using. I'd rather pay full price for all the rooms that I USE and not pay for the rooms I'm not using. Maybe if "lawn" rooms cannot be separated out as add-ons, there can be rebates for unused rooms? (another wrench in the machine)
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Orodreth wrote:
If this is not the case, then my original point remains... I don't want to pay for a "lawn" room that I will disconnect to avoid using.

then don't buy a home with a lawn room. Razz

i mean, i see that you'd rather have a ton of indoor spots, and i can't blame you, but the lawn is part of the package.

but yeah, you don't have to write up a lawn as being a lawn. lawn rooms just mean they're outside (and that they can have foraging/fishing available).

you can treat a lawn room as a rooftop garden, or a balcony, or a greenhouse, or even as an underground dungeon (with some sunlight coming in through some murderholes or whatever). the rules are yours to be broken! Heck, I'm treating Yisi's home as an entire complex wth eight different buildings.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player Homes » Misdirected posts.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: