FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Silence of Homes!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player Homes » Silence of Homes!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulTorn
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
because vyeftium is the only metal that can block thoughts. that's just the way it is unless some new magical psionic-blocking metal comes into existance.

Paraqin, vyeftium, kokrugun and silferton all have psionic-blocking/resisting
properties, which I assume would extend to telepathy.

Quote:
(b) vyeftium is expensive and is what would most likely be needed, ICly, to block psionic things.

Or...y'know...a Psionic warding emblem traced in particular rooms of the home.(Of course, this would probably require something to draw said warding emblem in)

I'd just really like to have Psionics involved in housing.(Shrines were planned, at one point...but no idea where those plans might be, now)

Or anything besides the typical hunt/make potions/whine and moan grind.

-Chris
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
Okay...so you make the device outta vyeftium.

Your arguement is that it would take vyeftium...which is now somewhat easily obtainable now.

while i disagree on how easy it is to obtain (someone level 100 mining deep underwater for something that is $200+ a unit doesn't come off as "easy to obtain," but okay), i don't think i was even posing an argement, nor was i concered about selling ferronires...

all i said was "and vyeftium (sp) is what is used to block thoughts," not "and vyeftium (sp) is what is used to block thoughts and only in ferronire form."

as the original poster admitted "but I'm not up on the lore of how thoughts are blocked, so I'll not comment further," but since i know what is used IG according to metal lore, i said was that was the metal used. how that became "yaru hates the idea just to corner the thought-blocking market with his damning lilac blue fist," i have no clue, but okay.

but, for the record, it isn't a 'device' or anything. the metal just blocks it. it's like a shield. there's no dark science involved in it, which is why artisans can make the blockers. it's just a matter of putting it together properly. that's also why i was saying it would probably take a lot to plate an entire home in it, which would be costly (but that's up to the GMs on what it costs, but based on the way things already go, it would be fair to assume it would cost a lot to plate a whole home).

SoulTorn wrote:
Quote:
because vyeftium is the only metal that can block thoughts. that's just the way it is unless some new magical psionic-blocking metal comes into existance.

Paraqin, vyeftium, kokrugun and silferton all have sionic-blocking/resisting properties, which I assume would extend to telepathy.

true, but vyeftium is the one used for the thought blockers, so i was assuming that the particular metal being the only one used was done for a reason.

paraqin is even more rare than vyeftium, and according to IG metal lore would never ever ever ever be used for something as trivial as blocking the thoughts out of one specific person's house.

silferton is just vyeftium without being as sexy an effective as vyeftium is, IIRC, but that does block magic, yeah.

but i've never heard of kokrugun blocking psionics, though. it sounds like Haelrahv's version of steel, if anything.

Quote:
Quote:
(b) vyeftium is expensive and is what would most likely be needed, ICly, to block psionic things.

Or...y'know...a Psionic warding emblem traced in particular rooms of the home.(Of course, this would probably require something to draw said warding emblem in)

I'd just really like to have Psionics involved in housing.(Shrines were planned, at one point...but no idea where those plans might be, now)

Or anything besides the typical hunt/make potions/whine and moan grind.

fair enough. Smile maybe make it have to be renewed every so often like ferronires, too, so it doesn't become a 'do it once and forget it' type thing.

Last edited by soundless on Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Platinumyan
Master Plush ;(

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:

while i disagree on how easy it is to obtain (someone level 100 mining deep underwater for something that is $200+ a unit doesn't come off as "easy to obtain," but okay), i don't think i was even posing an argement, nor was i concered about selling ferronires...

all i said was "and vyeftium (sp) is what is used to block thoughts," not "and vyeftium (sp) is what is used to block thoughts and only in ferronire form."

as the original poster admitted "but I'm not up on the lore of how thoughts are blocked, so I'll not comment further," but since i know what is used IG according to metal lore, i said was that was the metal used. how that became "yaru hates the idea just to corner the thought-blocking market with his damning lilac blue fist," i have no clue, but okay.

but, for the record, it isn't a 'device' or anything. the metal just blocks it. it's like a shield. there's no dark science involved in it, which is why artisans can make the blockers. it's just a matter of putting it together properly. that's also why i was saying it would probably take a lot to plate an entire home in it, which would be costly (but that's up to the GMs on what it costs, but based on the way things already go, it would be fair to assume it would cost a lot to plate a whole home).

Tone, constructiveness (or lack thereof) and past actions dictate opinions. If you must know why, read your old posts.

As I admited, I may not know the lore, but I do know someone who has a closed mind on subjects they think they know all the answers to. Last time I checked, this game is not live, and is science fiction. Assuming there is no other way that thoughts could be blocked other then by that single metal is as ignorant as those who once thought the earth was flat.

The request was for a device that could do the same. Simple as that. I do as I mentioned before, love the suggestions made. The shrines and such particularly.

Yan

Edit: P.S. You edited your original post quickly. Wink

This object amazingly decreases one's Logic skill.
This object amazingly enhances one's Flaming skill.
This object considerably enhances one's Annoyance skill.

You sigh.
You say, “Great, another one.”
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Platinumyan wrote:
As I admited, I may not know the lore, but I do know someone who has a closed mind on subjects they think they know all the answers to.

...you asked how it's currently done by what means, i said how so you knew. i'm terribly sorry if i hurt your feelings by giving a comment before that by joking about just buying a ferronire. sheesh.

it's hardly close minded as it is you taking a short jab i made way way too seriously. my apologies if you didn't get the joke.

Platinumyan wrote:
Edit: P.S. You edited your original post quickly. Wink

...i did? normally those things show a timestamp when they're edited, and i don't see one on it. did it say something else?

edit: by the by, i'm not the only one who said to use thought-blockers. so i guess it's just me being mean and not adding the occasional ^.^ to my posts that makes me mean and unconstructive. i also wasn't aware saying "wow that would be costly to plate a home in that was unconstructive, as opposed to just commenting on the cost to do so (which, to me, would have implied support with a nod toward costs). once again, i'm sorry for not being clear.

Last edited by soundless on Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Platinumyan
Master Plush ;(

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
Platinumyan wrote:
As I admited, I may not know the lore, but I do know someone who has a closed mind on subjects they think they know all the answers to.

...you asked how it's currently done by what means, i said how so you knew. i'm terribly sorry if i hurt your feelings by giving a comment before that by joking about just buying a ferronire. sheesh.

it's hardly close minded as it is you taking a short jab i made way way too seriously. my apologies if you didn't get the joke.

Shameless Edit: <hugs his timestamp...Oh wait, he can't find one>

No feelings hurt, however where you think I asked you how it was done I'm not quite sure. I asked if there could be a device to dampen thoughts and comms for an entire home. Thats it. Please private message any other comments as to avoid cluttering a thread that actually was a suggestion some seem interested in.

Yan

You sigh.
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject:

While I'm all for a technological way to handle things, telepathy is a realm of the psionics. Having shrines or perhaps something akin to Japanese paper wards that you can stick up in a home to block psionics or give other bonuses would be great.

Or, a psionc could come into your home and ward your home...it would go in the 'you also see' section part (but I'd ask that home wards be less huge than the ones written in dirt. It's a tad of an eye sore if it's so long). The ward would last a few weeks and then a psionic wouild have to redo it.

I'd be all for paying a psionic to ward my workshop!

Edit: That said...it'd still be cool for techs to build devices to block thoughts and things. Like...a machine that could emit some sorta anti-telepathy-locatey thing.

Not only metal could block psionics. Maybe there's a wavelength too! Or...a partical or something... XD

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Let me just cut off this whole debate by saying:

a) Thanks for the suggestion. I DO appreciate suggestions, all suggestions, for improvement of the game. But,

b) There's no way I'd blow valuable dev time on something that can already be done in a few different ways. Just look at the sheer number of suggestions already on this forum for stuff that doesn't exist in any form at all and you can understand why.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Platinumyan
Master Plush ;(

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Let me just cut off this whole debate by saying:

a) Thanks for the suggestion. I DO appreciate suggestions, all suggestions, for improvement of the game. But,

b) There's no way I'd blow valuable dev time on something that can already be done in a few different ways. Just look at the sheer number of suggestions already on this forum for stuff that doesn't exist in any form at all and you can understand why.

Thanks for the fast reply! And the debate is over, Yaru bribed me an hour ago.

Yan

You sigh.
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject:

^.^ Thanks Trevor. We know you work hard on developing stuff for us. I think we were all just brainstorming. Funny enough, the brain storming actually brought us back to something that's in the works: shrines!

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Platinumyan
Master Plush ;(

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
^.^ Thanks Trevor. We know you work hard on developing stuff for us. I think we were all just brainstorming. Funny enough, the brain storming actually brought us back to something that's in the works: shrines!

<rocks back and forth mumbling about shrines>

Gooooood!

Yan

You sigh.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Oh btw, timestamps only show on edits if you aren't the last poster in a thread I believe.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Heh, it's kind of like a panic room. Nothing can get in.
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player Homes » Silence of Homes!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: