FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Is travel too easy in HR?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player-Created Polls » Is travel too easy in HR?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is traveling around in HR too easy?
Absolutely. We need some kind of limitations on all these modes of transportation.
65%
 65%  [ 15 ]
Not at all. I love being able to travel from one side of the known world and back in a matter of minutes.
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 23

Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject:

HR-Hannah wrote:
Aiba and Gamojab poop.

Haha, I so have that covered. *glances in corset*
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chevonne

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject:

I voted YES as a person who never used any of that stuff.

when this question was presented to me, I said no...

I don't teleport anywhere, and the rift potion is something I forget (but am glad for)

people take TRAVELING for granted in my opinion

-chevonne
 Back to top »
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject:

I am not for making it take a full day to get to anywhere in HR. My memories of those kind of boat trips are still quite fresh and disliked even after not having to take one in 3 years. That's just my opinion on the traveling of course.

One other thing that concerns me, is that if an impromptu RP event or invasion happens. Whether GM run or player run, to have it take hours to get to where it might be happening only to have it be long since ended will be an adjustment for us all.
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject:

TheTrackerChick wrote:
I am not for making it take a full day to get to anywhere in HR. My memories of those kind of boat trips are still quite fresh and disliked even after not having to take one in 3 years. That's just my opinion on the traveling of course.

One other thing that concerns me, is that if an impromptu RP event or invasion happens. Whether GM run or player run, to have it take hours to get to where it might be happening only to have it be long since ended will be an adjustment for us all.

My feelings on this:

Not every character/race/profession can teleport. And so what if you don't get to an impromptu RP event? There will be others. That's the chance you take going far far away. I firmly believe that there should be some areas accessable only by a good bit of travel. And that travel should not be so easy unless every profession has a way to travel semi-instantaneously somewhere to even it out.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject:

I'm saving that post! If an alterer comes in that you've wanted to see for a year, and you can't get back in time to see him/her because you traveled far away. Maybe he/she will be back in a year or two. Just a lame example......probably would never happen that way anyway.

To continue more of what my pseudo question is:

From what I understand, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but won't there be racial towns in LIVE that are far, really far, from each other? Spreading us out quite a bit? I'm sorry if I don't agree with the majority that wants to spend more time getting from town to town, but I'm willing to listen to the reasons why we should.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject:

I haven't read anything about racial towns. Perhaps you meant profession towns (Virtuoso, Wargale, Rinth, Abbindalore, and.. that other one)?

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject:

Yes, my error. Profession based towns.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject:

In that case, I can't recall anything being said about their distance from one another. I can only hope they aren't too far, because Medics are going to need to distribute easily to the other towns. Confused

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject:

Humans and Eolai have racial only towns according to Gabrielle.

And if I miss an alterer, than I miss an alterer. It's my fault for spending all my time in Rinth and not yet coming up with a transporter device.

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject:

The human area previously mentioned was pretty much canned. Not to screw humans (we may add, in fact it seems likely we'll add, a human area) but because the Terra Historia concept itself just didn't work well within Haelrahv. However, Humans are a huge influence on Abbindolare.

There are some cities which do have distinct racial flavors to them. Bosque is a small village that is greatly represented by Eolai Trackers. Wargale is more or less shared by a population of mostly Alteri and Jaddan together, and so on.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject:

Good, that was an evil human bigot villiage. And there's Esia too.

Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject:

Besroth still exists. Twisted Evil

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
dragonseyes

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject:

Ok, I can't use most forms of rapid transit. I have had a few helpouts by some nice people, especially when I am on Chodaku, waiting for a boat, and a medic needs a tech. However, it seems to me that with HR being so small, and in not live mode, it will all be elementary by the time it really matters. Dunno, just seems to me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player-Created Polls » Is travel too easy in HR?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: