FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Any thing new for Techs?
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Any thing new for Techs?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rcurtis2241

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Any thing new for Techs?

I was just noticing that techs are hardly ever called on. I wondered if anything new was in the works for us. People really dont want comms/flashlights and droidlights are just for us. I just made 10th so I wont act like Ive been in the profession a long time. Just seems kinda boring at around 10th to me I mean I just picked up being able to install scopes on things but theres not a high demand for that either.
This is just an idea but what about building droids for others and being able to charge a hefty sum. The higher the skill the better the build- make it profession geared maybe(say an alchemy adding droid or a jewelery adding droid) or something every profession could add to a droid.I just wish there was something that would make techs in higher demand.
-Muthy and Sebastion(whos my tech)
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject:

the problem with both of the craft guilds (artisan/tech) and, i think, medics, is that there isn't enough of a demand for stuff because the player base isn't huge. when something new the craft guilds can make comes out, everyone generally gets it in a week or so.

so it isn't that people don't want the stuff, but that they all generally already have the stuff. this would be different if the game had a larger player base.
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Any thing new for Techs?

Rcurtis2241 wrote:
I was just noticing that techs are hardly ever called on. I wondered if anything new was in the works for us. People really dont want comms/flashlights and droidlights are just for us. I just made 10th so I wont act like Ive been in the profession a long time. Just seems kinda boring at around 10th to me I mean I just picked up being able to install scopes on things but theres not a high demand for that either.
This is just an idea but what about building droids for others and being able to charge a hefty sum. The higher the skill the better the build- make it profession geared maybe(say an alchemy adding droid or a jewelery adding droid) or something every profession could add to a droid.I just wish there was something that would make techs in higher demand.
-Muthy and Sebastion(whos my tech)

Honestly, I don't want other people to have droids. It's our thing. If they wanna use a droid, we can send it to them for use. It's one of the really super awesome things we have...and a good selling point to being a tech.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rcurtis2241

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject:

It was just a suggestion.The fact is we need something new that is needed for our skills.
-Muthy
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject:

the problem with the "techs can have purpose if we sell droids" plan is that, after a week or two, everyone will have droids and you'll return to not having much you feel you can do for others.
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Rcurtis2241 wrote:
It was just a suggestion.The fact is we need something new that is needed for our skills.
-Muthy

More gadgets are planned. They had to let Shavcire start repairing medic stuff because there simply are not enough techs around to do all of the repairs people constantly need. Some people have pet techs...some techs just don't repair for people. Like me. I always hear calls for things to be repaired.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rcurtis2241

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject:

I must sleep through so many calls then.I also was toying with another idea.What about if we had a gadget which would hold a chip lets say (a chip of craftsmanship) it has X chagres that any profession could use.Once those charges run out they would have to find a tech to recharge it.I mean there are songs and potions etc...why not include something that techs could charge or repair?With this idea comes a new schematic for the gadget for the chip to to learn . People would probalby always need the recharged like people always need potions.Just an idea.
-Sebeastion
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject:

For every person I hear saying there's not enough purposes for techs, medics, etc, I hear someone say there's not enough techs to repair, medics to revive, etc. It's sort of like some of the more grouping-oriented games where you'll see 20 people yelling "looking for group!" for 30 minutes and yet they don't just gather together and group.

I'm sure there's some validity to both sides, but inherently, I think that other than the small population factor, we're pretty balanced out. Still, more stuff for techs, medics, artisans, and everyone else, is a good thing.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Enverdi
Strange and Exciting

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject:

The only issue I have being a tech right now is that so many people have gotten so used to just *replacing* their broken things rather than having it fixed, because there is hardly ever a tech around.

I cannot tell you how many times I've spent like 5 minutes on the examination table in the hospital because there isn't a medic around.

It's the player base. We need more players!
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Any thing new for Techs?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: