FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Since no-one seems to know....
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Eolai » Since no-one seems to know....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ralenth

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Since no-one seems to know....

Mut and I were operating on the assumption that due to the finer bone structure and altogether more slenderness of the Eolai race, the gestation period would be shorter than that of a human. Any answers would be welcome as to what people have heard about the gestation period of the Eolai. Trying to role-play this right and now that I've been told something contradictory, I'm trying to figure out what is right or at least the more popular option.

Sage, wondering what I've just gotten myself into.... (If the popular opinion comes up as like 18 months I'm going to faint because damnit i'm going to be pregnant longer than an elep... excuse me, ikefa!)
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Actually, gestation periods and other similar biological tidbits are still in the works, only information regarding birth that has been offered so far is who is biologically compatable with who.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Ralenth

Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject:

HR-Morrigan wrote:
Actually, gestation periods and other similar biological tidbits are still in the works, only information regarding birth that has been offered so far is who is biologically compatable with who.

Can uh... it be offered? Or can we come up with something? Or we can just go ahead with it and do it and no-one can yell afterward because no-one knew? ::snorts and chuckles::
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Morphologically speaking, I don't think there's much difference between eolai and humans. The biggest difference I can think of would be that eolai probably don't store as much fat. That's just going by the physical description off the site, that they tend to be of lighter build.

I only bring that up because I know human females cannot have fun with menses without a certain percentage of body fat [fun fact: that was one suggestion of why American teens were having their periods earlier and earlier -- all the fast food was boosting their body fat, so, wham]. Unless you want to say that eolai females start packing on the pounds after conception, the next best solution is to say that their gestational metabolism adapted to cope with lower amounts of stored fat/energy. Which would probably mean a little lengthier of a pregnancy than the average human.

Yaey conjecture.

If you don't want to deal with added time, just have a premature birth. No, that wouldn't suck at all.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Ralenth

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Well i don't mind having a longer pregnancy i'm just trying to figure out how long. Just so long as I'm not rivalling an ikefa Smile Any idea as to how much more time it would mean? What you said sounds about right to me. And Eolai and Humans can interbreed can't they? so it seems to be a fair conjecture that they would be similar in gestation. Are we talking like a month or two more do you think or longer?
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject:

It's hard to say. Evolution is just funny like that. I believe the most commonly held belief is that organisms developed reproduction rates mostly due to amount of resources and predators that were around for their ancestors.

So like, a whale can take longer to develop its offspring because, well, who's going to mess with a whale? The same with elephants, rhinos, giraffes, etc. But it can also be said that the bigger (and, I would assume, more complex) an organism will typically grow to be, the longer it takes to get the basic "infrastructure" setup while in the womb. The inverse could be said for smaller, more in-danger species, such as hamsters, rats, and rabbits.

But anyway. It's kind of pointless to try and nitpick over evolutionary details within a fantasy race's development. There are just too many factors. Even though I have no real say-so in any of this, I would think an extra month would be fair.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Evolution and Eolais don't mix.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:
Evolution and Eolais don't mix.

damn intelligent design.
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Aroai will smite you.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
Ralenth

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
But anyway. It's kind of pointless to try and nitpick over evolutionary details within a fantasy race's development. There are just too many factors. Even though I have no real say-so in any of this, I would think an extra month would be fair.

--William

Sounds fair to me. Smile Thanks for the help. Well... I thank you for the help.... Buuuut.... Sage will curse you until the end of her days (pregnancy anyway.. In which case she'll be screaming bloody murder at Muth during labor.) Laughing
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Song of Silence is a beautiful thing. All father-to-be's should hire a Performer to cast if before labor.
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Eolai » Since no-one seems to know....
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: