FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Jaddan home continent/land
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Jaddan » Jaddan home continent/land
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 12:50 am    Post subject: Jaddan home continent/land

Yes, I'm a sucker for the chance to be a big, buff, muscley guy...so I decided long ago I would be Jaddan

Anyhow, looking over the information on this race, I'm gettting curious as to where they originated from on the planet (if they truly are native to the planet).  They developed tough skin and that nose plate, so what was different about where they lived than where the other two native races did?

Two frail races and one sturdy race all evolving into an intelligent race on the same planet is odd to me.  The Jaddan must have evolved in a harsh environment as their homeland.  So what kind of environment was it?   ;D
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: Jaddan home continent/land

Quote:
Anyhow, looking over the information on this race, I'm gettting curious as to where they originated from on the planet (if they truly are native to the planet).  They developed tough skin and that nose plate, so what was different about where they lived than where the other two native races did?

It really depends on how religious your character is, all three native races have creation myths. If you believe them, then they didn't evolve anyplace, they were created as is. If you don't believe the myths...well, it's so far back in history that nobody would really know, though there's plenty of variety in climate and terrain that could account for the differences in the races.

~Hunter
HR-Eleanora

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaddan home continent/land

The Jaddan, together with the Alteri and the Eolai are native to Haelrahv.  In other words, they've always lived there and it's been their home since the beginning of time.  Since the beginning, they've co-existed together, however their time sharing Haelrahv hasn't always been peaceful.  

To be honest, how they really "evolved" is never covered.  According to the Jaddan creation story, they were created from moon rocks and were given Haelrahv to explore in where they discovered the other races who were supposedly also created by the moon goddess who placed them on Haelrahv to be companions for the Jaddan (of course, the other races' myths contradict this).    The Jaddan have always been bigger than the other races and they don't believe they've "evolved" from anything....they (and the other two native races) believe they've always been as they are now.

Does this mean that later down the line some scientist won't discover evidence that they've evolved?  Of course not.  You'll have to wait and see.

Eleanora
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaddan home continent/land

Ahh, creation myths.   Smile  I forgot about those.  I'm looking forward to reading about them though.  
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Jaddan » Jaddan home continent/land
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: