FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
High-tech Gadgets
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technology Discussions » High-tech Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:47 pm    Post subject: High-tech Gadgets

A new topic about technology stuff!

Since I plan to be one of the people that don't get any devices implanted into themselves due to magic/psionic reasons, I'm hoping that there will still be gadgets and things available for us to use so we aren't completely cut off from the personalized high-tech fun.

Something I would like to see (as I absolutely hate thieves) would be glasses or a headset w/eyepiece type device that have can enhance vision when needed (perception bonus). Such as seeing in dark shadows, or night time.

I also mentioned high tech melee weapons, like monofilament whips, "light sabers" and the like, some other place on the boards.

Perhaps a wrist worn bioscanner type device to detect creatures/people nearby.

All of this, of course, would need to be taken to a Techie if damaged or broken. Wink
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 4:50 am    Post subject:

I'm working out ideas for magical jewelry and other such things that add bonuses when used/worn. They won't be common and won't last forever, but they'll last longer than any sort of equivalent item in DR. Some tech devices won't affect magic / psi, and most weapons won't either. Armor very well might.

But anyway, you could probably wear shades that enhance vision, if they're made available. That might, however, fall back on implants and stuff, too early to tell. You could get a magic ring that enhances perception or something possibly though. But most of your stat enhancements will come from spells/psionics and *alchemy* ... Alchemy is the best stat buff ability in the game, period. Poisons are the best debuff, period. Magic, tech, psi all offer differing levels of bonus.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
But anyway, you could probably wear shades that enhance vision, if they're made available. That might, however, fall back on implants and stuff, too early to tell.

While nothing's written in stone, right now we're planning on most types of utility implants would have non-implant versions, like goggles for cybereyes. They would have the advantage of not costing essense, but the disadvantage of having to juggle a large inventory of gadgets and the fact that gadgets would be less likely to have multiple functions set in, like goggles might have a smartgun link, or nightvision, but not as likely to have both.
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Even if there are less you can do with the gadgets than you can with the implants...that's still good to hear. I don't mind juggling inventory at all.

I'm kinda grumbling at the armor thing though. Oh well...can't have your cake and eat it too I guess! Smile
Nojym

Location: Feel me breathin on your neck, then don't worry bout it.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:49 pm    Post subject:

What armor thing are you talking about Gage? I missed something I believe.

Nojym
 Back to top »
HR-Jocelyn

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:34 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Some tech devices won't affect magic / psi, and most weapons won't either. Armor very well might.

and for thoes of us who don't know, Gage has choosen to be a member of the all-powerful... :coughs: i mean Psionic guild...

~Jocelyn (who loves a chance to be right)
Cirena

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject:

I was wondering if perhaps a psi-shield of some type like a helmet or crown <?> worn on the head could defend against psionics to some degree for those that won't be training the ability.

Thanks!
Cirena
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:23 pm    Post subject:

I had an idea for something like that too (thanks Juggernaut and Magneto Very Happy ) though I'm not sure if it's going to happen cause I haven't said anything to Trevor yet :ducks:

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
senutyenool

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject:

Aluminium foil wrapped around the head will stop people from being able to read your thoughts and implant thoughts if I remember what the voices in my head told me.........

.....Ummm, not supposed to listen to the voices am I?.........

::note to self - don't listen to voices in head........ unless it's important::

a.k.a Senutyenool
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject:

BTW, psi defense is not based on psionic skill. It's based on mentality. Same for magic defense. I'll explain these more at length later. But essentially, you do not need to train psionics to defend against them. Of course, the abiities they provide are helpful. Smile

For non-Guardians, armor can be used to protect against magic/psi, if the type of armor worn has that protection. Vyeftium medieval armors are excellent for this role. Most modern armors are not as useful for this.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technology Discussions » High-tech Gadgets
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: