FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Combat Updates, Feedback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Combat Updates, Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I used to lop off head with it in the fen, when it apped at higher damage capability. They are below me so I had moved to grags and beetles and arackus. with them not on the es yet I cant protect myself well enough when it takes so long to kill a creature. My rt for a sinlge whip is around 8 and with the pair, it ranges from 14 to 19. I get fair hits on average. It now takes 30 minutes to kill a couple berserkers and a warrior and I get no treausre for it.

I don't believe it literally takes 10 minutes per kill. That's just impossible, at least as typical. At 14 seconds for a pair of attacks, you would do 84 attacks in 10 minutes. This weapon should do about 15.4 points of body damage per hit, for a total of 1293 damage. Even if you destroyed every single limb and eye (right arm/hand, right leg/foot, left arm/hand, left leg/foot, and both eyes) and then proceeded to wipe out every vital area to one point shy of destruction, then finished it off -- assuming it hadn't died of bleeding by now which would also be impossible -- but even considering this amazingly rare to the point of unthinkable situation, you'd kill it faster than 10 minutes.

What you're hunting is also so far below your level you're not going to get boxes except on rare occasion. It's extremely low profit unless you skin, and even then it's pretty low. Those things are way below your level.

Quote:
With the long RT and no treasure it simply isnt worth it to hunt now. I have to resort to my back up weapons and magic to get a kill. I think I should be able to hunt stuff on my level in 4-5 hits and stuff below my level in 1-3 hits, with my magic or my weapons.

If you're trying to squeeze blood from a stone (in this case, loot from something way below your level) it's not going to be rewarding. As for stuff your own level, well this is part of what we're going through? Did you attend the forum last night? I know you filled out the questionnaire. Didn't you notice the questions about "I think kills should take X long" and so on? We're collecting that data to see what most of our players want.

Quote:
Rant:::Is there a reason my pride and joy has been reduced to a useless piece of pretty leather? I am very dissapointed in the perfromace of my whips now. I am heartsick and frustrated beyond words when I try to hunt with them now.

I don't think you realize the situation here. ALL combat has been slowed down. When compared to every other melee weapon and unarmed, the particular weapon you're using has a base damage 5% higher than the average. If you want more instant damage per hit, there is a solution for that -- more roundtime. For instance, a halberd does almost triple the damage of your razor-whip. Of course, it has a base RT of 16 seconds and tires you out much quicker, too. Your weapon is a very good weapon compared to other weapons available.

Quote:
Next:
I have two back up weapons that work best at pilum, only at pilum I cant hit my own foot. I bring them in to pole with hangback (smooches Marduk) and knock them snotless . It still takes a lot of hits, but with impale and being able to keep them at pole I do well. My average RT for this is 19 seconds. I still get no treasure in the fens, after an hour with magic and back up weapons, they had dropped a otrus flower and a diamond, no money... Ebo took that and more to fix me back up.

Again, we're talking about stuff way below your level. There is a slider in the treasure system that reduces the amount of boxes/cash/loose items you get from kills based on how far below you that creature is. This stuff is WAY below you. It may be taking a while for you to kill, but it's certainly not a challenge or very risky.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Earthheart

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject:

I am hunting in the fens because I cant hunt in grags and defend myself. They arent in the es yet. not sure about beetles, I had just moved up the them before the changes. Is there a place my level I can go and try the hangback? I realize the whips are lighter and not hardened weapons like a pole arm, less Rt is a fair trade off for lighter hits, and I guess less fatigue. I need to hunt more and work them more but the fens dont cut it.
Where might I hunt and use the hangback for my seconds and magic ? And see what damage I can get from my Fang? Earthie
Warner
Sneaky Locksmithiness

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject:

Earthie Beetles are on the ES, so with hangback probably workable for you.They're also weak against heat, if that helps any.
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject:

I wanted to test out the blackjack move next and here are the initial results with using a sap and having 190 in blunt on a kucho........

this is number of hits not critters

1.no stun no knock down=scuffed head
2.no stun no knock down=still only scuffed head
3.no stun no knock down=still only scuffed head
4.no stun no knock down=still only scuffed head
5.no stun no knock down=injured
6.no stun no knock down=injured light bleeding
7.no stun no knock down=injured with minor bleeding
8.no stun but with a knock down=wounded with light bleeding
9.no stun but with a knock down=wounded with light bleeding
10.no stun no knock down=mangled with mod bleed
11.no stun no knock down=mangled with heavy bleeding and death.

I really dont know what to say about this, because I am not sure of the intended use of blackjack. Cant say I have any complaints though.

tried another Kucho with these results
miss, scuff, scuff, scuff, scuff, injured, injured, injured/minor, wounded/light/stun, mangled/mod, mangled/heavy/dead

loved the stun time I got

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject:

Using straight bash with the sap I get about the same results I do with my blades but alot more knockdowns

Im glad I trained up blunts.

question though are blunts meant to be able to hamstring with because they app saying that they can and if so what is an ideal weapon for hamstring blunt or slashing?

Back to top »
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject:

any chance of getting a verb to see the list of attacks and or abilitys I have learned from Hyas?

Very Happy

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject:

I think it'd be great to have a command that listed all of the possible combat moves your character can perform. Sort of like COMMAND COMBAT, which lists all of the public moves available to anyone, but it'd be nice to have something that lists specifically what your character is capable of with their skills and stats (and special training for SOME people).

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Nelle
Ooh Nuuurse..

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject:

Am I missing it or is IMPALE not listed as a combat command?
Warner
Sneaky Locksmithiness

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject:

Impale isn't there. and seems to slash when i tried it as opposed to well impaling heh.
Nelle
Ooh Nuuurse..

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject:

It 'says' slash in the message but it hits differently and has a different RT.

I disembowled a guard using it, it definitely had a different message then.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject:

I'll check into adding your "custom attacks" to commands combat, as well as updating it so all the generally available attacks are there. In fact, I might overhaul it so it shows only unarmed attacks you know, or marks ones you can get with further training specially.

About impale: I also noticed this a few days ago and intend to check into it. Based on what Nelle's saying it sounds like it could be properly piercing despite the messaging but I'll check into it.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject:

the blue fairy wrote:
1.no stun no knock down=scuffed head
2.no stun no knock down=still only scuffed head
3.no stun no knock down=still only scuffed head
4.no stun no knock down=still only scuffed head
5.no stun no knock down=injured
6.no stun no knock down=injured light bleeding
7.no stun no knock down=injured with minor bleeding
8.no stun but with a knock down=wounded with light bleeding
9.no stun but with a knock down=wounded with light bleeding
10.no stun no knock down=mangled with mod bleed
11.no stun no knock down=mangled with heavy bleeding and death.

I think there would be more stunning going on with an attack like blackjack/pistol whip. It seemed like a useless attack with the testing I did, so I didn't re-train the blunt weapon skill. I never managed to stun anything while using it, so could it maybe get looked into to make this attack stun more often?
HR-Marduk

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I think there would be more stunning going on with an attack like blackjack/pistol whip. It seemed like a useless attack with the testing I did, so I didn't re-train the blunt weapon skill. I never managed to stun anything while using it, so could it maybe get looked into to make this attack stun more often?

I'll look into it as soon as I'm done with my current list of updates.

Quote:
i noticed that the swoosh symbol was nothing but a whip in mid swing

-- Sage Francis
 Back to top »
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject:

I agree that there should be more stunning but at the same time the actual attack itself wasnt to bad once you got past the first four hits which seem to get stuck at scuff but skip over bruised

Like I said I didnt know what to say because I wasnt sure exactly what was the intent of the move. If its intended to stun then yes its lacking because I think I only got one stun overall. A couple knock downs.

Backstab still seems to be acting weird for me, I miss ALOT. Being this is generally a one time use per critter/person, I would like to see it be more reliable.

Back to top »
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject:

Woke up this morning (after a couple days of being really happy with where my combat stood at) with my accuracy on landing specific body parts dropped from almost always landing where I want to it being way lower than half the time, on top of it I am back to getting exhausted to the point of having 0 stamina on one critters, probably due to the fact it took me 91 hits to kill the damn thing and this was using a poisoned blade.

Specifically I landed only 35 out of 91 hits to the place I was aiming, which was the head. I was exhausted after probably 40 hits to the point of 0 stamina, It still seems to be regenrating at a decent rate, but still, I believe this was a bit extreme.

91 hits with a poisoned blade? thats up from 27 hits without a poisoned blade.

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Combat Updates, Feedback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 18 of 31

Jump to: