FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Haelrahv
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Getting Started in Haelrahv » Haelrahv
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khjp66a

Post Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 12:17 am    Post subject: Haelrahv

It certainly looks like the Haelrahv staff has put a lot of thought into the game.

This information has probably been posted somewhere on the Web site or in the message forum. However, I haven't seen it, so I thought I'd post a question.

In Modus Operandi, the premise is/was saving the island of Morada from evildoers, whether that involved solving mysteries, engaging in combat, or other forms of crimefighting.

I understand that the Haelrahv staff is making a strong effort to create a wide-open game that will appeal to gameplayers of all types. Will there, however, be a unifying premise behind Haelrahv?

Many thanks.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: Haelrahv

Yes there are, several.  A few of note (I won't mention everything):

- For humans, the dream of returning to Earth.

- For Darju, the dream of returning to their homeworld.

- For all races, dreams of exploration beyond the world of Haelrahv in general, and for some, specific places.

Then there are specific character goals like obtaining a certain status, rank or office for example.

All of these will involve a variety of things including puzzles/quests, working with others in various fashion, combat and other conflict, research, hard work and so on.

Generally players will be able to obtain more status and material reward than you're probably used to.  In MO specifically, many things were fairly common, such as the ability to fight well, or fish well.

In Haelrahv's case, many characters may be lousy in combat, lousy and fishing, lousy at LOTS of things, but really good at say, crafting usable goods.  Or a player may be weak in these areas but be filthy rich as a proficient lawyer, investor, etc.  Then you have your typical hack and slash (or chant and cast) types.

And as I said, there are some potential and known paths/challenges/etc I'm not revealing. <grin>

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
PepsiKing

Post Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Haelrahv

Quote:
And as I said, there are some potential and known paths/challenges/etc I'm not revealing. <grin>

Psst...Trevor, you can tell me, I won't say a thing scout's honor whatever a scout was.  :-X

PepsiKing
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Getting Started in Haelrahv » Haelrahv
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: