FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Magic/psionic/stamina Changes and Guardians and other stuff.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Guardians » Magic/psionic/stamina Changes and Guardians and other stuff.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damion Stormlancer

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Magic/psionic/stamina Changes and Guardians and other stuff.

With the changes to magic, I can honestly say Guardians are losing one of the few things we had that worked well against ranged attackers who prefer to hide. I know everything isn't made around PvP just was a concern that I had refering to Guardians and the obvoius weakness from not using weapons or armor combined with the lack of ranged attacks.

I know stamina changes are stil being made and I had planned on it happening one day, I wuold like to suggest that Guardians have a meditation IF we don't already have one that would help with stamina. So far the best meditation IMO is water.

Just curious to know if there is anything planned for Guardians in the near future, i've been told our guru is very busy this is understood. I'm just getting stir crazy from all the things that are changing seems to lessen Guardians overall without compensating.

Just concern thoughts and questions. Someone needed to post anyways.

Oh and honestly i've notice that my magic resistance and mental resistance agaisnt certain things and spells seems to be considering i have with spells 53% resistance lacking if a Chith oracle and blind and immoblize me, and mystics static cloaks still stun me with that much resistance. Not sure the whole resistance thing is really working.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the feedback, Ailin. Smile

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject:

The Blade of Saishea stance used to keep me from noticing much -- if any -- stamina loss. Like, at most I would get down to 95.. and the regeneration pulse would kick in a few seconds after getting to that point. And all of that was, I believe, with only 20 Vitality and a whole barrage of attacks in quick repitition (headbutt -> hiptoss -> uppercut -> spearhand -> spearhand -> spearhand -> spearhand -> uppercut; give or take a few spearhands).

I haven't been able to feel out the new stamina setup yet due to my massive dormitory lag during the week. But I would say that BoS would give you a pretty good leg-up.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject:

I need to do some adjustment to how stances affect stamina drain in combat. They do help/hinder properly, but the amount of either is minimal at this time. I'll be adjusting it very soon.

Back to top »
Damion Stormlancer

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject:

Yes look into stance i've been wondering while using, the only ones i see a real diffrance in are ... the ones that reduce RT to be honest, Blades i have notice the less stamina drain but the fact i've learned six stances and the best one still seems to be the second one i got seems to be strange, I would love that the stances as you progressed as you learned the guardian way and discipline were better, I do get that all stances were made to be for diffrent things, and skills do i think play a part into how well you use a stance.

Some odd little things i noticed while hunting this morning, with 23 vit and just two stamina boosting items considerable boost, my pummel cost me 5 to 7% stamina drain on the norm, I'm going of pummels for my own reasoning that , I 've tried jabbing things to death or mixing it up and in the end after one Darga i ended up nearly down to 40% stamina which the cost seems to great when pummeling something twice works 3 times as good. The odd part though, When i used a potion to boost my vit to 42, i noticed that the average 5% lost of stamina went up to a average of 7% to 10% loss on each pummel. I'm not going to pretend ot be great with numbers but i thougth More vit would lesson how much stamina drain there was. I know if i had a medic massaging me all the time I wouldn't have any issues but its ont always possible.

Pummel average 7 to 10% loss
Uppercut, Roundhouse 3 to 5%
Headbutt, kick, hook, pounch 2 to 5%
My average regain of stamina was about 4% each recover.
Those are very rough numbers and it wasn't extensive testing. Just giving ya a bases for what i was seeing.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I would love that the stances as you progressed as you learned the guardian way and discipline were better

Stances are intended to all be more or less equal to each other. For every benefit, they have a downside in some area. A stance that gives you fast speed and lower stamina loss may also reduce your chance of making critical hits or stuns, for example. The more stances you have the more choices you have, but no stance is intended to be obsolete down the road. Now of course all this depends on your individual aspects. If you have tons of stamina, you might not find low stamina loss to be as helpful, for instance.

Quote:
Some odd little things i noticed while hunting this morning, with 23 vit and just two stamina boosting items considerable boost, my pummel cost me 5 to 7% stamina drain on the norm, I'm going of pummels for my own reasoning that , I 've tried jabbing things to death or mixing it up and in the end after one Darga i ended up nearly down to 40% stamina which the cost seems to great when pummeling something twice works 3 times as good. The odd part though, When i used a potion to boost my vit to 42, i noticed that the average 5% lost of stamina went up to a average of 7% to 10% loss on each pummel.

The first thing I would like to say is that pummel isn't intended to be used all the time. It's a powerful, exhausting attack. You have lots of choices in attacks, not just pummel and jab.

Okay, that out of the way, more vitality does in fact mean a larger stamina pool and a larger stamina pool means less % lost by attacking and more % gained by regenerating. If I understand your statement, you're saying you increased your vitality almost two-fold but found your stamina with identical attacks going down faster. I don't believe this is possible, nor should it be. I will certainly run tests to verify that however. My best guess would be that either there are factors you aren't considering/aware of, or you are mistaken. I hate to put it that way, but it just doesn't add up.

Quote:
I know if i had a medic massaging me all the time I wouldn't have any issues but its ont always possible.

Very few people have readily available access to a medic for this, for sure. But thankfully, when you do get a massage they have quite a lengthy duration which would last you through quite a lot of hunting.

Thanks for the feedback by the way.

Back to top »
Nelle
Ooh Nuuurse..

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Quote:
I know if i had a medic massaging me all the time I wouldn't have any issues but its ont always possible.

Very few people have readily available access to a medic for this, for sure. But thankfully, when you do get a massage they have quite a lengthy duration which would last you through quite a lot of hunting.

Aha! Now I know why Tshar said yesterday that he was starting to be really glad I hadn't changed professions. Smile Now, if only I could massage myself!
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject:

Hmm, as you'll notice from another post I made, I thought Medics could massage themselves. At least Medic is a pretty popular profession. Wink

(Medics are about 6% of our playerbase but that includes all characters. As of this writing, 13% of our online characters at the moment are Medics, outpaced only by Mages.)

Back to top »
Damion Stormlancer

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject:

It was odd, but it seems not to be doing it anymore so I don't know. What I was mising or what the deal was. I know pummel isn't supposed to be use all the time but it was a good bases for testing considering the considerable amount of stamina it uses.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Guardians » Magic/psionic/stamina Changes and Guardians and other stuff.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: