FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Case Prosecution
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Bureaucrats » Case Prosecution
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Case Prosecution
I don't like the idea of prosecution! Down with the system!
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
I like the idea! Lets do it!
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
I'd like to hear more details before I decide.
64%
 64%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 14

HR-Rikiar
Bureaucrat Guru

Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Case Prosecution

Before I go through the trouble of even brainstorming this. I want to see what kind of reaction there is from you as players. I'm mulling over the idea of POSSIBLY including prosecution into the case system. From an NPC standpoint, this wouldn't change much. The cases would be harder and the payouts would be potentially less, however experience gains will probably be higher.

With that said, this would not be the "meat" of a prosecution system. The truly devious portion of this system would relate to player cases, where one bureaucrat would be working to ease the financial and societal obligations of their client, another bureaucrat would be working to place them in a very uncomfortable position.

As I said, this system hasn't even entered its infantcy it just happened to be something I was bouncing around and thought throw it out there. Maybe having two bureaucrats working against each other on one case would be interesting for NPC cases... Anyway, before I get to babbling on and on, lets hear your thoughts!

You purchase the Rarnguk Damn Case for $50.

You have successfully researched the Damn case. Good luck!
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:03 pm    Post subject:

sweet. then those 'crats can be bad guys! Wink
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Case Prosecution

HR-Rikiar wrote:
With that said, this would not be the "meat" of a prosecution system. The truly devious portion of this system would relate to player cases, where one bureaucrat would be working to ease the financial and societal obligations of their client, another bureaucrat would be working to place them in a very uncomfortable position.

Ha, I'd love to prosecute my mother-in-law for something. Anything!
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject:

#3 for me. But mainly on getting two separate PC-Bureaucrats to "fight" against one another.

My main concern would be arranging two Bureaucrats to argue for and against a case at the same time. I'd hate to see people saying on the comm or telepathy "ne crats want doa case" in an attempt to get someone to come in and play with them.

Another concern would be the huge level/skill/stat gaps that can occur. You'd be doing both your client and yourself a diservice if, say, you're level 5 and you're going up against someone like Chantice or Naru.

As for actual prosecution, I'd be all for that regardless of my bureaucrat being more business-oriented. I just like the idea of having both sides of the system; saving someone from jail as well as sending someone else to jail. It would be awesome if you could somehow restrict it so someone cannot do both defense and prosecution cases within a certain amount of time. Both have totally different mindsets and practices and should require some time between switching back and forth. But that's just my attempt at overcomplicating things, I guess.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Bureaucrats » Case Prosecution
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: