Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Medic Shop/s
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Medic Shop/s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Phoenix

Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 2:55 pm    Post subject: Medic Shop/s

Yes there is one currently under construction and I'm taking requests and maybe it'll hit the shop shelf.

Remember that this isn't the medic merchant and just ordinary medic things - medical equipment we got covered but I thought it would be a nice idea to add things that you really really want along the lines of medical cloths, containers and maybe a medical jouranal or two.

~Phoenix~
 Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Maybe some clothes that get bloodsplattered when you wear them for surgery?
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 4:19 pm    Post subject:

How about medical scrubs? Sure, it's been 300 or so odd years since Humans arrived on Hael, but certainly something similar to now-a-days scrubs were retained -- atleast the pants.. you can't be a doctor without the drawstring, baggy pants.

Those medical trenchcoat type things.. stark white with a few pockets for items, and then pockets along where the waist of the wearer would normally be for the hands to slip into (maybe even have a verb for that? RUB TRENCHCOAT .. Bubba's hand slip quietly into his trenchcoat's pockets .. that'd be neat, I guess). I can't think of the actual name for it.. labcoat or trenchcoat. That's the best I can think of.

Medical journals would be really cool.. similar to the Bureacrat(sp? gwar) organizer, maybe? Be able to record all the surgical things you've done, like:

Eye Replacements: 10
    Limb Reattachments: 5
    Skin graphs: 2

Something like that. And yeah, skin graphs would be neat for those burned really bad either through a really hard fire elemental hit, or even maybe from plasma overloads (haha, another *feature* to plasma weapons?). Would be kind of nice to be able to reattach limbs, too, instead of having to wait for a Medic to be able to harvest one.

Special containers for harvested limbs/eyes/ears/whatever, too, I guess. You could have the basic vile that can hold one eye or ear each and would still have the little indicator light, the liquid, the whole nine yards. But then you could get the advanced tube model that can hold various things all at once and would be a lot more difficult to use and read (think of how many indicator lights you'd need, then the amount of nanobots you'd need). Of course, the tube'd probably be for the savagely leveled Medics. Heh.

That's.. all that I can think up right now. The bloodsplattering-clothes idea was spiff, too, though. Very Happy

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
balihai

Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Duh, "a black leather physician's bag" PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE

Some textbooks on anatomy to study, perhaps? (Verbs, PLEASE)

Certainly a protective mask, and some goggles would be in order. Rubber gloves...

Hehe, pocket protector.

Lollipops and Balloons!

(I'm assuming that bioscanners replace the need for stethoscopes, tongue depressors, and percussors, even though those would be neat RP tools to have.)

Umm, maybe we eventually could have some diplomas to put on the wall of houses and such. You'd have to be a certain level to request getting it printed up from the shop.

For some simple jewelry, a cadacus pendant on a fine silver chain. Or, other symbols for different races - Their God/Goddess of healing.

That's it for now, although I might have more to add later.
 Back to top »
shadows_slave

Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:15 pm    Post subject:

prescription bottles!
Dragoonseal

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 4:39 am    Post subject:

Pain killers.

Those could be the most damn fun RP tools, even if they didn't actually do anything.
HR-Phoenix

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:22 am    Post subject:

Damn, I spent ages working on cute nurses uniforms and nobody wanted em! ::flails::

You'll be pleased to know I have been researching different medical attire - English/American conversions - shoes/sneakers/trainers ::screams::
labcoat/scrubs etc etc - its mayhem I tell ya - never do a web search for nurses uniforms (big mistake)

Medical containers, placebo pills and all, in the works - so I'll try to add as much as I can plus some old medical devices just for.. <you know it> (and no Gage, it will not be a illness Twisted Evil )

Keep the ideas coming, and they'll get added somehow Smile

~Phoenix~

Skin grafts - yuk!, lets get the basic systems sorted but its very possable because we like that kinda thing Wink
 Back to top »
HR-Phoenix

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 8:20 am    Post subject:

Also, while your all sleeping...

You remember those old movies with the psychotic doctor with over sized needles and rusty knives...... heh, that won't be happening ANYWHERE!

There will be no mad medic who's been mutating his staff for no good roleplay reason other then 'he enjoys his work'

There will be no chance of you getting nasty old medical equipment this way to scare your future patients...

And I will catageographically (My new nonsense word - neat eh?) deny all rumours of catching infection/disease or a contractable virus from the loony medic critter types that will NEVER exist.

(Even though 'shits and giggles' was tempting)

Nuff said

~Phoenix~
(Brit who's hard at work while you sleep)
 Back to top »
Sainji

Post Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 9:04 pm    Post subject:

What about name tags we can rub and our name will appear on them as Dr. <insert name>, M.D. or the like? Not sure if you will have titles in the game, but another option would be to rub it with your title showing and the tag reflects whatever title you use and you can turn them to show whether or not you are on duty or off duty (like DR empath badges). Hmmm I miss those rectal thermometers! Not to mention the bloodpressure cuffs! Twisted Evil I guess you won't need them on Haelrahv. Crying or Very sad

Pagers so our patients can reach us in an emergency.

That's all I can think of for now.

Regards,
HR-Jocelyn

Post Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Nametags - hmm maybe, personally I like the idea of a custom embroidered lab coat Smile

Rectal Thermometers and Pressure Cuffs - who needs these archaic devices when a bioscanner works ten times better, and diagnosises other wounds too!

Pagers - This is an idea in the works (which has currently taken back burner to the basic healing and death system...i figured you all would be more interested in healing yourself first than having nifty little fluffy gadgets...but if i'm wrong... Wink) Basically how this would work, would be that a Medic could have a specific number of designated patients (probably dependant on level) then when a patient is within a healing facility, they can page their medic and the medic would find out who and where they are.
Sainji

Post Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Hmm I guess no medical charts eh? Or would we need coded access to the medical chart databases? Oops off topic! My bad Sad

On topic: How about that surgeons' mirror that is fastened to a headband worn around the head? or would we even need that? Tongue depressors and penlights?

Don't remember if anyone suggested surgical gloves?

Regards,
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Medic Shop/s
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: