FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Other Characters
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » Other Characters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject:

yes i loved the ods to death and all the empaths too Wink
 Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
Do you play Puzzle Pirates as a paid thing? I did the free/demo thing for a while, but couldn't find a legitimate rationalization to cough up money for it.

I do...did rather, since buying a year was cheaper than paying each month. I paid for it with money from working as an extra back in May. I tried it out and got addicted. I love puzzle games, pirates are awesome, and the players are generally more civil than in most other online games I've ever played. Most of them even ::gasp!:: look down upon PvP like I do to an extent. It's far from a "role playing" game though...kind of obvious since my crew is named after a Monty Python sketch. Laughing

I'm not sure if I'll pay for another year though. I have to see how my money situation is next Spring.
Durinthal
Arr!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject:

When I first started playing DR (back when it was on AOL), my name was really similar to the Crossing bard guild leader's name (Silvyrfrost?), which was also my screen name and how I was introduced to the game (someone noticed me in one of the RP chatrooms and asked if I knew about DR)..

Later I was Kitharas, Elven paladin; Kithantas, Elothean moonie (both never got past 15th).. then minor characters for awhile before settling on Perois Difri'Jathin, a Kaldaran thief.

I stayed with Perois for a couple of years before coming to Haelrahv and leaving him at ~33rd. Nearly a year and a half after first arriving at Haelrahv and quitting DR, I went back for a month and gave away all of my items, which happened to be quite a bit considering how much of a packrat I was. That's also a lot considering how much I gave to Riddler, who used a lot of my stuff as prizes.
 Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject:

All of the following are females. I've had some male characters but none that I ever really got into playing...just have a hard time playing males.

When I first started DR, which was my first online RP game, I started with a Kaldar Warrior Mage named Leiluu. I believe I started right after Kaldars were added to the character manager. She made it to early teens and then walked due to invasion.

I then made a character named Coine who was a Kaldar Paladin (waits for all the boos and hisses). I'm sure I was one of the people the BMs were warned to watch on the boards because I believe Cecco was a strumpet with an ill-conceived god complex and had told her as much.

I kept playing her until I quit about a year ago, but not as much toward the end. She was an uptight personality and I just had a really hard time maintaining her 'quirks' after a while. Among other things she hated Gorbesh and avoided the paladin guild and didn't advertise that she was one. I also played a lot of other characters over the years.

Xoine, an Elothean Empath (she became my main) with a fun-loving sense of humor and a light spirit. Her personality reminded me of my grandmother, friendly, bubbling, but could tell you off and make you rue the day you'd angered her all without ever raising her voice or saying anything really mean. Xoine put up with no crap.

Xalixis, a Human Cleric. Didn't play her very much after a really really bad marital situation that I'm not going to go into. I'll just say it left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Ayriel, an Elothean Moon Mage (like that's a surprise). Very proper, scholarly type (like that's a surprise too).

Merydeth, a bubbly but money-hungry Human Trader.

Soine, a Halfling Thief. Due to a traumatic childhood, she never said more than a few words together.

Kathya, an Elven Bard. Bawdy songs and brew. Lots of it.

Matildea, a Rakash Barbarian. Disgusting, filthy woman. Smoked cigars, would just as soon spit on you as look at you, and brawling was her primary weapon.

Morgainne, Kaldar Warrior Mage. Considered herself Kaldar but was indifferent about the entire situation concerning Gorbesh and Kaldar. Friendly and non-temperamental, she was very easy to get along with and didn't have any enemies, at least none I knew of.

Eadwina, a Prydaen Ranger. Mute. Not much else to say there except she had no fondness for the 'cute kitty' type of prydaens.

Platinum:

Rantire, a S'kra Barbarian. Ignorant of S'kra ways, raised by clerics, but desperately seeking her 'own kind'. Probably one of the most fun characters I've ever played in DR, but sadly platinum was way too overpriced (and this was before the price increase).

Kandi, a Human Bard. Very nasty personality, but was graced with a wonderful voice. Always used it for singing the most troubling of songs. Also enjoyed this character a lot, but see above.

H&X: A very short-lived Threna.

Eaxia:

Kevralynn, a Half-Elf Fighter. She loved to start fights...sometimes she'd start a fight directly and participate, sometimes she'd just 'stir the pot' and watch others fight. Quit playing when they went pay-for.

Gwenothynne, a Half-Elf Fighter. Although this is current, I really haven't played her enough to develop a personality for her.

Achaea: Breinya, a Human Druid. Hermit.

I've tried out a few other text games like Avalon and Armageddon, but didn't really like them so I didn't stick around.

Now, I have (in HR) Dzynna, who is a cynical and quite unpredictable Darju Tracker. She might tease and play around one day and be a complete smartass the next, and threaten (or take) your life the following...and her moods rarely follow my moods.

I also have Riwa, who is a very friendly but somewhat naive young Alteri Medic.

I'm not even going to get into the various graphic games...

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject:

All I'm going to say is...I applied to Simutronics and was told 'I wasn't a good match for any of the positions they were looking to fill'. I'm glad. Cool

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject:

I only have two characters I'd expect anyone to recognize (if you happened to play in the right locations): Vaftel from HX/AoH and Camius the friar from DAoC's Guinevere server.

Although I remember meeting Xalixis once and I'm fairly sure I went on a paid quest with Pureblade.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject:

I played Pallidar -- not to be confused with Pallidas, Pallidor, etc. (Bard, Warrior) in GemStone and DR (Bard, Paladin), and I'm GD-Pallidar in Eaxia, although obviously I don't really dev over there, given my commitments to HR. <g>

In DR I also played Omen (Thief, Cleric who I couldn't reroll because they reject his last name, Prince, and I'd have had to pick a new last name), and Vypre (Moon Mage).

In HX, now AOH, I had Odin (Warrior) in alpha test, but played Shehrevar (Warrior) in live.

In MO, I played Dan Perry. I've tried out several other MUDs for fun, but don't recall the names I chose or even which muds.

In DAoC my name was Pallidar also, I played an Albion Armsman. In EQ1 I played Pallidar mainly also (Warrior). I played Jeridor in FFXI (Galka Ranger) before I quit that. I'm currently playing EQ2 as my only non-HR game (Aphlos, Wood Elf Shaman).

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:48 am    Post subject:

I also tried a graphics based MMORPG for the first time with Final Fantasy XI. It's alot of fun at first but quickly gets boring and tiresome. In the 3 months that I played I rose pretty fast. I was on Shiva server, character name Rayek, Elvann Paladin level 60.
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject:

HR-Faith wrote:
All I'm going to say is...I applied to Simutronics and was told 'I wasn't a good match for any of the positions they were looking to fill'. I'm glad. Cool

Yes. Me too. I left DR because I had been accepted as a Game Host, but then they decided they had too many. Thanks to the Dungeon yahoo list, I found out about HR, signed up for the trial account and in two days I was hooked, my brother was hooked, and a friend from DR became hooked. Heh, it was a bit childish to leave a game because not being a GH anymore...but I tend to think that HR helped that along. Besides, I'd rather pay Trevor for a game a love, then pay Simu twice as much (I have two accounts here because my brother, like most teenagers, decided not to play, but I think I'm going to keep them both open because I'm as in love with my Tracker girl as I am with Kit)... I had become disenchanted with Simu anyway.

Even if bunches of people don't like me because I'm petty and juvenile, esspecially on the boards, that's okay. I still really really enjoy the game.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nelle
Ooh Nuuurse..

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:33 am    Post subject:

Hey.. Tess adored Coine.. you won't get any boos or hisses from this corner.
 Back to top »
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Well lets see if i can remember all the damn characters i've played Shocked

only played DR and in there i had:

Khrystyn, elven empath who was my main character. Khrys was my more "motherly" character. Married to Caxz and lives on ratha when i actually do play DR.
Lilymae, human warmie that i played for eons before i sold her to a friend of mine. Lily was my more "crazy" character damn i had a lot of fun with her.
Ceanna, elven cleric was Khrys's daughter and pretty much just rezzed and rejuved me when i died LOL
Jamilynn, elothean moonie that walked after a bad situation
Kalyssa, kaldar ranger that was my well...yah anyway
Zeelot, elven barb that was from AOL time, she was an awesome charrie of my hubbies that he rerolled like 5 times at 30th circlish (could have shot him) anyway, i played her alot and loved her till he finally walked her *grumbles*
Rohazan, human trader (was my hubbies but he quit so took him over)
and a few little characters i dont even remeber their names now so you really wouldn't care one way or the other *grin*

the end

~Jo
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject:

AoH - Lateralus, along with a few other names that I've forgotten over time.

Modus - Scycle Narayan

Gemstone - Kydex, don't remember the last name I had.

Eaxia - Daedalus
HR-Valla

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Lets see..

I had a ranger in DR whose character I adore (whose was my main) , she was fun loving and a trouble maker when bored. Actually she knew Tshar's character over there and he would always have the neatest goodies for sale (She never did get to buy those whisper shells!). And god bless his twisted lil sweet heart he would actually let her win the spars sometimes! She lives on M'riss though I do not play her anymore.

I also had a male empath that for some reason always had females chasing after him, I guess it was the woman in me that would be compasionnate to them and listen to them( and man there were some long winded whiners there) until they wanted to ..well you know and I would have to tell them I was a female and had no interest in them that way. He was killed a few times for not returning the same feelings. God bless having alot a favors ehh..

Lastly I had a hilarious male dwarf cleric that I played, though lost interest in him when they changed the raising req's.

Ohh and I had a moon mage that I will admit (yes,powered leveled) I had for the horrid sole purpose of gating my lazy butt around when I could not run trails or for making me a nice cj. (I know bad bad Valla)
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » Other Characters
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: