FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Terra Historia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Geography, Maps & Travel » Terra Historia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
like the Cleveland Indians winning the Superbowl to get the Stanley Cup.

yeah, wonky history like the Cleveland Indians winning Twisted Evil

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
HR-Aisling

Location: Here, there and everywhere. (somewhere in Haelrahv)

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:06 am    Post subject:

Okay, this is the original post. With a few comments from me.

Quote:
It's set up as a historical site for those humans who want to actually experience life as their ancestors might have lived it. Other races are welcome, too, to understand more about what humans are talking about when they refer to their ancestors on Earth.

True.

Terra Historia, will be a living museum based on Earth history. Well some of Earth history, would take sometime to cover it all. And yes all races will be allowed to visit TH.

Quote:
Current highlights include a castle, a pyramid, a cathedral and an "Old West" town. Theres's also a shopping district called the Agora. The castle and pyramid will boast hunting of some kind (likely some sort of ghosty or knight thing and some mummies and so forth) and the Old Town are will have Player vs. Player "shoot outs" along the main street.

Um... Kinda True.

What with the added time for building the above mentioned areas are going through a complete overhaul. We hope for the better Smile

Quote:
One strange thing about Terra Historia is because it was all created from memories, some of the memories are "wrong." For example, you can get the best pizza in Hael in the early-1900's-style Old Town.

False. The information is obtained from the.... well this part will be filled in some other time. Just to say no the above is now so not happening. Part from you might find a pizza parlour in the oddest place depending on how the builder feels Wink.

Quote:
We hope that it'll be a fun place to hang out, shop, hunt, and so forth.

So True!! Smile

Quote:
Here's where we need your help: What kinds of things do you think humans would have memories of that they'd like to show the other races? What stories and legends of "stuff" might have been passed down? What would you like to see in the most human-influenced place on the planet? Keep in mind, the characters we're all playing will have been there all their lives (humans arrived about 275 years ago), but let your imagination run a bit

All I can say is that I will do a full post on the new TH as soon as it's more organized. At the moment its being built.

However if there is some part of Earth history that you feel should be covered in TH let us know, which era and why you think it should be within the new TH.
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Most definantly should have some French art somewh-- hey, why not make a mini-Louvre? Of course, this mini-Louvre would be filled with modern, post-move-to-Haelrahv art (which, I think, would mean we'd need the Centre Pompidou -- if I remember correctly -- but the Louvre would be more well-known.. yes), with perhaps some failed attempts at making the famous arts housed in the Louvre: A spiky-haired Mona Lisa with, no doubt, a radiant smile; Leonardo's designs for a phase rifle; a Venus de Milo with actual arms, hands clenched tightly around the handle of a mirror (the glass, of course, cracked); the list can go on and on.

Perhaps replicas of the Statue of Liberty, Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, Arc de Triumphe, and (whatever other monument can be inserted here) all side by side. A symbol of cultures coming together after everyone was pretty much forced to do so after arriving on Haelrahv.

Something I was thinking about a few days ago.. why not a complete Stone Henge (sp? I can never spell it right -- damn me)? The Humans could have begun plans on it, and the Alteri -- haha -- could have walked in and helped them out with the peices they didn't have or even know were supposed to be there (a missing stone here, a missing sacrificial pit there, etc). It has potential, to say the least, I think.

Hm.. that's all I can think of right now. Enjoy.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Williamsc22

Post Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Heh i like the idea of this place... Lincoln in a dress anyone? Gotta have the western setup and a few fun weapons... (revolver, repeating rifle). Heh ancient earth bullriding... with a mechanical bull. The race to the moon done for cheese. Gotta have a big ole tank. An area that is similar to how earth was when the liner ended up on haelrahv would be interesting. Just a thought... this topic is old but have to post.

Recruit, Harry Capell
 Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Woah...now that was a bump! Over a year old!

I do like the idea of Terra Historia as well, though I'm not sure if it's actually going into the game anymore. Hence why no one has talked about it in a little under 20 months. Something similar would be helpful in establishing what knowledge, lore, and history from REAL earth has survived a 600 year removal from the planet though.
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I do like the idea of Terra Historia as well, though I'm not sure if it's actually going into the game anymore. Hence why no one has talked about it in a little under 20 months. Something similar would be helpful in establishing what knowledge, lore, and history from REAL earth has survived a 600 year removal from the planet though.

While it was a fun idea, Terra Historia is no longer in the plans we have for live. As History guru, I can assure you that there will be information available regarding what has passed to Haelrahvian Humans from Earth in the near future.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Geography, Maps & Travel » Terra Historia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: