FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Stats, and what they help
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Getting Started in Haelrahv » Stats, and what they help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Stats, and what they help

I'm putting this here, since I think it would be better used than in the middle of that other thread. If you see something that's wrong, or want to confirm anything here, or have something to add. Post and I'll update this one when I get around to it.

Code:
From what I've gathered:

STRENGTH - Attack power, ability to carry large amounts of weight, shield usage, aids in other activitys and skills that require the use of physical force (using a mortar, rowing, etc.)

VITALITY - Regenerating health, your overall "hit points", ability to do strenuous things without tiring, stamina, poison resistance, allows you to carry more weight (less than strength)

AGILITY - Evasion, Acrobatics, Athletics (?), certain other combat applications, helps with your balance

PERCEPTION - Seeing hidden people and other things, finding treasure on slain creatures, factors into most areas of combat including defense, melee attacks, and aiming, useful for creation systems, helps you find more when foraging, used in tracking

COORDINATION - Evasion, Acrobatics, Athletics, factors into most areas of combat, opening boxes (?), disarming traps (?), stealing (when it's in), creation systems (?)

CHARISMA - Biggest factor in determining your Essence, helps with all performance abilities (Singing, Dancing, all instruments, and possibly Acrobatics and Athletics as well...not sure on the last two), Determines power of Spellsongs and Guardian Sigils (when they are released), aid in Persuasion and Intimidation, helps you get more from selling items, factors into the size of your focus pool (the biggest factor for Guardians)

INTELLECT - Determines the size of your experience pool, helps you waste less experience per pulse, aids you in remaining hidden and avoiding detection, factors into Spell power, increases the size of your focus pool (biggest factor for Mages), determines the majority of your magic resistance, and slightly factors into your mental resistance

MENTALITY - Factors into a few areas of combat (mostly with ranged weapons), increases the size of your focus pool (biggest factor for Psionics), aids in remaining hidden and avoiding detection, factors into Psionic Ability power, determines the majority of your mental resistance, slightly factors into your magic resistance.

Last edited by Dante on Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Intellect also helps with mental resist.

Mentality also helps with magic resist and experience pool size.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject:

I'm not going to pick through all of what you posted, but a couple notes: Strength does not affect hp or sp. Also, your mention of charisma/prices is accurate but for those who read this thread: charisma increases sale prices for ALL professions, not just Bureaucrats.

Vitality also increases the chance of regenerating actual wounds and the amount they might potentially regen. Vitality affects your encumbrance too (less than strength).

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Getting Started in Haelrahv » Stats, and what they help
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: