FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Comm Repair Poll
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Comm Repair Poll
View previous topic :: View next topic  

I think...
Communicators break down too fast even with the upgrade that doubles their integrity.
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Communicators seem to break down at a reasonable rate, but better integrity upgrades should still be offered for a higher price.
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
It seems fine the way it is. No more upgrades should be offered... it gives Technicians more work and experience.
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 23

HR-Arden

Post Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Comm Repair Poll

Just to get an idea.

Please keep in mind... communicators DO NOT degrade with time. They degrade with every USE, meaning every time you transmit.

Arden
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mellie
Artistic Bitch

Post Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject:

After having Gabriel put the integrity chip in Mellie's comm I think its fine the way it is. I've even been talking more than usual or trying to anyway to test it and it still hasnt needed repairing.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gabriel

Post Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject:

I voted for #3.

"Hi. My name is Gabriel and I'm biased."

-Gabriel
 Back to top »
dragonseyes

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject:

My only problem is that with the Integrity upgrade, the damage messages on the opened comm don't show up until the Comm is badly damaged.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Vexi

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject:

mellie wrote:
After having Gabriel put the integrity chip in Mellie's comm I think its fine the way it is. I've even been talking more than usual or trying to anyway to test it and it still hasnt needed repairing.

One thing I noticed being a younger tech, is that comms are something that younger techs can DO related to our career path.

There seems to be a lot more younger techs around recently, and several are getting a bit 'bloodthirsty' when it comes to being the one to repair everyone's comms...there never seem to be enough comm repairs to go around anymore!

If you work at it, money isn't all THAT hard to come by. If more integ upgrades are offered, I'm afraid the younger techs wouldn't have much to do in regards to electronic items...even if they are offered at a higher price.

Part of the fun (for me) of being a tech is actually BEING a tech. The comms degrading with use at the current rate allow me to do that.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Can't newbie techs fix cyber parts, too?

My big gripe with all tech-related repairs/upgrades is that someday I might not trust everyone around as much with my items.

I like the idea of helping a novice train up their tech stuff by giving my comm to them, but I'd hate for anyone to ever run off with it.
Arakaweii

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
Can't newbie techs fix cyber parts, too?

My big gripe with all tech-related repairs/upgrades is that someday I might not trust everyone around as much with my items.

I like the idea of helping a novice train up their tech stuff by giving my comm to them, but I'd hate for anyone to ever run off with it.

When that happens, you get all of us together and we hunt the jackass down and take a comms worth of frustration out on his cold lifeless corpse

A carnivorous ham sandwich comes plummeting from above at great velocity, hitting in you in the face.
You fall to the ground.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Arakaweii wrote:
When that happens, you get all of us together and we hunt the jackass down and take a comms worth of frustration out on his cold lifeless corpse

Besides PVP being off (for now...), no one can graverob anyone. So it's hard to take something from a cold lifeless corpse. Mad
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject:

You cant graverob period. Cant take an item from someone elses grave so you never have to worry about that. Yet another thing I love about these lands as opposed to that other place.
Vexi

Post Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
Arakaweii wrote:

Besides PVP being off (for now...), no one can graverob anyone. So it's hard to take something from a cold lifeless corpse. Mad

Umm, I don't think he was talking about graverobbing, just about taking some frustration out on the corpse, not taking anything 'from' it, heh. There's no way to physically get something belonging to someone else back from the robber's grave (I love the 'not being able to graverob' thing in HR, by the way), but there are several incharacter ways of at least trying to get the item back.

PvP is off, but the past couple of days in the lands I've noticed there are still 'ways' to kill people, as well...

Besides, how long would a tech last if the word was spread around that they aren't to be trusted fixing anyone's equipment?

As far as young techs being able to fix cyberware, we can to a certain extent, but it's very limited (only the most minor of cyberware damage, or it's beyond our abilites). Most that have asked me to fix their cyberware wait until it's damaged or extremely damaged before asking for a fix, and I can't help them.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Comm Repair Poll
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: