Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Experience / Level
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Polls » Experience / Level
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Currently levels are 30,000 experience each, so each level is of equal "value" to each character. What do you think of this arrangement?
I like it as is. I'd rather have steady level "costs" so I don't have to worry about levels getting increasingly harder to get.
34%
 34%  [ 29 ]
I'd rather make my low levels more easily, even if it makes those higher levels really, really long to achieve.
48%
 48%  [ 41 ]
I don't have a strong opinion either way.
16%
 16%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 84

Xice

Post Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Torr-Mayne wrote:
Wanted to go in a different direction with this.. with the the current exp system change over i noted traits wont be redoable.. but i think it should be because im going in a different direction with my char and his old traits will be obselete..

I'm confused.....because you choose to go in a different direction you want the GM's to change the rules to allow you to do so? Just don't see that as a compelling argument. If you want to go in a new direction use a reallocation or if you used them up then you might just be out of luck
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject:

What I think the person was trying to say, Xice, is that many people chose their Traits and Flaws based on the current experience and skill system. Let's face it, we are pretty limited with our training regimes if we want to be perfect in a certain avenue (mainly hunting). I'm guessing a number of people chose their Traits and Flaws to min/max whatever direction they wanted to take their character. And yes, I did too.

Under the proposed system, things are seemingly going to be a little more easier-going than before. A lot more choices are open to everyone, especially with the introduction of the "train-per-use" feature. Points are now more easily spread across a wider variety of skills. Previous Trait and Flaw choices are a little bit of a burden now for a few, I'm sure, since their "world of skills" is opening quite a bit.

I'm sure a good percentage of the game's population are realing at their trait/flaw choices (and screaming "WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?!") since they never bothered to think what a dramatic difference they'd make. And this would be their day in the sun to correct those mistakes. Mneh; I say just shrug your shoulders and say it's belated Christmas present.

Yes, flawed logic wins arguements.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Xice

Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject:

Sorry, but I still don't see how that gives strength to the arguement. We were given a certain amount of reallocations if people went and squandered them by making bad choices or by making large changes for their character or persona that was a decision they made and still have to live with. I personally think we have been granted more "freebies" here than I have ever heard of in any other game. The GM's have done so much for everyone that it seems people are starting to take that for granted. Everyone wanting things changed to benefit them. Maybe its just my way of thinking but I'm very cautious about things and tend to deal with what I'm given instead of running out and testing the newest tricks. But personally I still think that with choices come consequences and I don't like the idea of reallocations being handed out anytime that there is a change in gameplay or skills.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Don't get me wrong, I understand where you're coming from. I just felt like playing devil's advocate a little (especially since it appeared that the person probably wouldn't be able to get their message through entirely).

But I also understand where that person was coming from. We're about to have a drastic change in how skills are obtained -- not to mention several completely new skills -- and another drastic change in how levels are calculated and all that gleeful stuff. We were given those reallocations oh-so-many months ago (I don't know if new characters still get them), back when there was nothing on the horizon that indicated such a big change in gameplay and skills.

Granted, we should have all been conservative and held onto at least one reallocation... just in case Armegeddon came a little sooner than expected. But later, Traits and Flaws probably looked like the only major change (for skills/stats and whatnot) before Live came about. So you have to expect a number of people spending that last "just in case" reallocation in case they made a mistake in their choosing.

Honestly, I could live without another reallocation. I'm happy with the way I've trained William, and I'm probably going to train him similarly with the complevel changes come through. But many people are probably going to use this as a way to redefine their character to one degree or another. And that will ultimately bleed into their traits and flaws.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Polls » Experience / Level
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: