FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Player-run Shops
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Bureaucrats » Player-run Shops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Rikiar
Bureaucrat Guru

Post Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Player-run Shops

Lets hear what you hate, love or would like to see when this system hits.

You purchase the Rarnguk Damn Case for $50.

You have successfully researched the Damn case. Good luck!
 Back to top »
winddancer
Hah! In your dreams, bub!

Post Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject:

Gah! I'm not good at system ideas. I'm just a good lemming.

Edit: Nevermind. I found out that shops will be bureaucrat-owned only Smile

Well, anyway...

One thing I'd like to see happen is a "List of Suppliers" where if the shop owner sells other people's merchandise, the shop owner doesn't have to be around to add to the inventory when sold out. The supplier (other people on the list) can just show up at the shop and deliver the stock.

The shop owner would have to add or remove the suppliers, or put a limit on the stock accepted from suppliers.

I'm not sure if the supplier gets paid right away or if there's a tally at the end of a shop period where the total amount supplied by each supplier is listed so the shop owner can pay 'em or not.

*ponder*

But there's my idea. Sad as it is.

Belethe
 Back to top »
SteveH999

Location: There is currently 1 player in the world of Haelrahv.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject:

As I stated at the meeting, I'm not a fan of "bureacrat only" on the shops. While I support the idea that only a Bureacrat can buy and open a shop, I don't see why you couldn't have something like co-ownership where the bureaucrat and someone else both have a "key" to the shop, and can use it jointly. I'm under the impression that houses will have something like that mechanism, and businesses are often joint or family ventures anyhow.
winddancer
Hah! In your dreams, bub!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject:

Oh, an alternative to the supplies list if it can't be done is a supplies storage box.

The Supplies List idea was to make it possible for the suppliers, who the shop is selling stuff for, to replenish the SAME stock if it runs out and the bureaucrat's not available at that time to go to the shop to manually put the same stock on display.

The supplies box idea was for suppliers to put their stock in a storage box, in case the bureaucrat 's not on the same time zone or something.

Just an idea to make the running of the shop more convenient for all three parties (bureaucrat, suppliers and customers)

Smile

Belethe
 Back to top »
HR-Rikiar
Bureaucrat Guru

Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject:

That sounds like an idea. The restocking portion would not be an option being that the items are not counted the same way as they are in NPC run shops. The whole idea behind creating shops for Bureaucrats and specifically gearing it toward them was not only to give something 'neat' to bureaucrats, but (my own lil agenda here) to encourage more folks to PLAY their bureaucrats instead of using them as cash mules. The owner of the shop will have to do his/her own inventory maintenance. Maybe down the road, when shops become more established, I will introduce a feature that will allow others to contribute to the business by placing stock in a stockroom or what have you. I like the idea in principal, but right now I don't see it being feasable.

As a side note, I was thinking of increasing the level at which crats start earning intrest from their accounts and making it a quest of sorts they have to complete in order to start receiving their interest.

You purchase the Rarnguk Damn Case for $50.

You have successfully researched the Damn case. Good luck!
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Bureaucrats » Player-run Shops
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: