Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Moving corpses
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Moving corpses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Moving corpses

Dragging seems to be kind of different here. I haven't experimented with it too much, so maybe I'm just wrong. But it seems like you need a lot of strength to drag people. Maybe it gets easier when they're dead. Anyway, I was just thinking about dragging people out of hunting areas, and imagining, say, a Jaddan with a lot of stuff. Wouldn't that take a massive amount of strength?

So I was wondering if there's ever going to be an alternative for medics to transport people..like stretchers maybe? It doesn't seem logical that each medic would drag around their own personal stretcher all the time, but maybe you could rent one from the hospital when needed?
 Back to top »
TrentKincaid

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: dragging

Well if we've got medics, why not paramedics? Lets give these medics some ambulances already! Razz

A middle-aged prostitute says, "Now that you mention it, I could use a small bone. I'll be grateful if you find it for me!"

You say, "No small bones here."
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Just as a general note, for those who have the option -- dragging people is MUCH easier if you add them to your group and use mass levitation.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, this is kind of why I was planning on having my medic train psionic-type stuff. Until I found out levitation is psion-only. And if you're involving a psionic, you might as well just have them call the body..unless they're not high enough level. But I was hoping we could figure out a way for the medic to move people on their own.
 Back to top »
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Moving corpses

How about rolling the corpses onto a makeshift stretcher, thus making the body easier to drag?
SoulTorn
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Post Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Medic General Supplies
9. A white lab coat $75
10. A portable gurney $600
11. A leather medical case $750

http://kidshealth.org/kid/word/g/word_gurney.html

Sounds like that should make it a bit easier to move a corpse about.(Not as easy as levitating one, IMO)

-Chris[/b][/code]
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject:

SoulTorn wrote:
Medic General Supplies
9. A white lab coat $75
10. A portable gurney $600
11. A leather medical case $750

http://kidshealth.org/kid/word/g/word_gurney.html

Sounds like that should make it a bit easier to move a corpse about.(Not as easy as levitating one, IMO)

-Chris[/b][/code]

It doesn't.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
Kelasa

Post Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject:

I have posted privately a suggestion to Trevor long ago, and recently forwarded it to Faith concerning corpse dragging and gurneys. They both liked the idea, but had said it would be tricky to code. But there may be a solution in the works. I will leave it to them if they wish to post more about it.
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject:

The suggestion was a very good one, and it is something I am currently thinking on how to make it work (as posted previously, this is going to be something very tricky to code).

I am not ready at this time to announce when it will be available, which is why I hadn't responded on it, I really don't like using the 'soon' thing. Once I have some idea of how long it is going to take and it is actually being worked on, I'll be better able to give a more informed response.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject:

HR-Faith wrote:
The suggestion was a very good one, and it is something I am currently thinking on how to make it work (as posted previously, this is going to be something very tricky to code).

Not sure if this is possible, but maybe this is a way to go about it.

Let's say there is Bob, who is alive, and Bobbina, who is dead.

Bob is able to DRESS Bobbina with the gurney. The gurney, when equipped, makes it easier for someone to be dragged. And just set it so that someone doesn't have to accept being dressed, and they can only be dressed with it while dead.

Is that a possible way to go about it?
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject:

It'd have to be confirmed by the person being dragged, otherwise what's going to stop a killer from doing that and dragging them to somewhere really dangerous and/or hard to get to.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject:

Brenton wrote:
It'd have to be confirmed by the person being dragged, otherwise what's going to stop a killer from doing that and dragging them to somewhere really dangerous and/or hard to get to.

What's stopping them from doing that now?
 Back to top »
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
Not sure if this is possible, but maybe this is a way to go about it.

Let's say there is Bob, who is alive, and Bobbina, who is dead.

Bob is able to DRESS Bobbina with the gurney. The gurney, when equipped, makes it easier for someone to be dragged. And just set it so that someone doesn't have to accept being dressed, and they can only be dressed with it while dead.

Is that a possible way to go about it?

I want to keep this system separate from the dress/undress system, but I do have an idea of how I want to go about it.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Another gameplay/realism issue -- but I don't see how we can really justify allowing a corpse to magically remain rooted in place if so desired by that corpse. This is why you can always drag bodies now if you pass checks and such.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject:

Well, I'd much prefer not even having something then if I have to worry about someone playing "keep away" with my corpse.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Moving corpses
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: