FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Attributes and skills
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Getting Started in Haelrahv » Attributes and skills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nojym

Location: Feel me breathin on your neck, then don't worry bout it.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:01 am    Post subject: Attributes and skills

Ok, I'm looking for a basic idea of how the experience sys is going to work. More specifically, how are we going to increase our attributes?
As most know, in DR, we gain skill through experience. That experience in turn earns us TDP's (time development points) as so does circling or ranking, leveling (whatever we are going to call it in HR). We in turn spend the TDP's to increase our attributes (strength, agility, etc., etc.). Is HR going to use the same, a similar or completely differnet system. Thanks,

Nojym
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:38 am    Post subject:

The system is similar, yep. In Hael, you earn general experience for performing a wide array of things, which is placed in an experience pool. There currently is not a mindstate type of effect in use, tho I make no promises on whether that will stay as it is. Wink

As you drain experience, you a) get closer to your next level, b) get closer to earning another stat training point (basically a TDP) and c) get closer to earning another skill training point (also similar to a TDP, but skills always cost 1 point to raise, unlike stats).

You will need a certain amount of stat training points to raise a stat, based on your race and current stat level, again like DR. There is a cap on each stat based on your race, but this cap is removed for those who make it to the highest level possible, 100. Traditionally the stat cap is 100, but adjusted by race.

One goes to an appropriate location to train a stat, similar to DR, though there are many more of these locations around than in DR.

Skills are raised by going to an appropriate location.. usually in the guild/base/HQ of a profession, like going to the Agent area for Poison training and to the Tracker location for Skinning training. The max skill level is 200, but this cap is also removed when a player reaches level 100.

There is a per-level cap on skills, but not on stats. Skills can be raised twice per level, but certain skills can be triple-trained by certain professions. For example, a Tracker can triple train Swimming, but a Mage cannot. The mage however can triple Spell Casting and the Tracker cannot.

Each profession has four core skills (which are listed in another post). Each of the core skills will go up one point each time you level up. If you want further points in those skills, you'll need to burn training points. Note that while all core skills are triple-trainable, you can't train them 3x a level on top of your free point that level.

You can save points up and use them any time. For example, if you are level 10 and have 10 points in a core skill, you could burn 20 points in it to bring you up to your 3/level cap.

You receive a lump of skill and stat training points each level up, in addition to the trickle of points you get as you gain experience.

To reiterate, you don't learn by use in DR, but rather earn skill and stat training points as you gain experience by doing things. So yes, you could forage and get exp that way, then go burn the points on hiding, if you wanted to.

Any questions?

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Nojym

Location: Feel me breathin on your neck, then don't worry bout it.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 4:01 am    Post subject:

Cool, cool. I like the way this sounds. Makes molding a character a little easier as well. I like the idea of not having to train skills that I don't intend to use just to earn TDP's. I really, really look forward to the release.

Nojym
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 10:48 am    Post subject:

That's true, a lot of folks in DR do tend to train skills they don't want or need just for TDP's... which, well, sucks. Much better to train what you feel you want or need.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Getting Started in Haelrahv » Attributes and skills
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: