Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Welcome
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Performers » Welcome
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shey

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Welcome

Hello, I am a new performer and just wanted to say hi to everyone and say that I am enjoying myself learning.

I do have a few questions that about some things I don't quite understand yet.. The ability to tune your instrument? What skill was it you needed other than the instrument? Do I need to study appraisal for it?

>tune my zit
You begin tuning your zither.
Roundtime: 13 sec.
You aren't so sure you did a satisfactory job of tuning your aefafe zither.
>app zit
It cannot be worn.
This appears to be a stringed instrument.
It is slightly out of tune.
You have no idea how much a lacquered aefafe zither is worth, but you think it could be around $18170.
Roundtime: 9 sec.

I cant seem to do very well of course I am first level but when I do get a little older I do want to know what I am doing. Wink
Also is it a thing of trying and trying again or if you dont do well then stop before you do damage?

Hmm trying to think of other questions but right now I am stuck on this one so if I do think of more I will post again

So hello everyone and Have Fun!

Goal: To make the world a better place with a little love, and a lot of fun!
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Tune your zit? Ew.

The only applicable skill you need (I tossed out the idea for involving something like Repair) is the skill the instrument is based on. Coordination is also factored in, but only as a means to determine the extent of successful tuning. A greater or lesser percentage of the instrument skill gets applied, plus another small percentage if the person doing the tuning is a Performer (and the chance of success varies from Performer to non-Performer). I've tried a few times to tweak the process to be a little more forgiving toward the aspiring lower-level Performers, with a moderate degree of success, but it could probably use some more fine-tuning (ha!). An NPC in the Llanfair theatre will tune it to full (the tuning "simply can't be matched" if you appraise it) for a fee if you show the instrument to him. So long as it's at least adequately tuned, you'll suffer no penalties, and enjoy a small bonus if it's well-tuned.
As for the appraisal, you'll be able to judge the tuning of an instrument with a minimal amount of instrument skill (easily achieved by a level 1 Performer), although the value judging and stuff like that still works like normal.
Additionally, there's a raffle instrument floating around out there that never slips out of perfect tune.

If you have any more questions... or need cosmetic advice on that zit... feel free to ask.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Additionally, there's a raffle instrument floating around out there that never slips out of perfect tune.

Wait, do you mean from a raffle that has already gone on...like there's someone out there with that instrument?? Okay, who do I have to kill? Wink
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure who even has it anymore.

---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shey

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Ack! Zit soo Yuk.. Ok I am definately looking for another string instrument! Are there any Lyre's out there? or are all the instruments besides the flute and drum racial? I haven't explored alot so I am not sure I probably missed some. But thank you much for all the information. Oh I am not sure if this goes here or some other topic but is there a way to gain experience a little more quickly than just foraging or hunting? I didn't really plan to do either of these things wanting to stay in the performer and creative type skills but nothing I seem to do in those skills give me experience very quickly. It takes me at least an hour of foraging to even get my mind learning good. doing pottery, or studying spellsongs dont teach very much and I can't seem to be able to tailor yet and my knitting still stinks so the only way I can seem to learn is to forage, I am not crazy enough to hunt since I have learned nothing of those skills.
Anyway thanks and any tips are greatly appreciated. Embarassed

Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject:

There are lots of things you can do (and I think performing gives some experience) though not all will give a lot of experience. If you can constantly keep your pool to even 5% full you're doing fine, as how full the pool is has no effect on how quickly it drains.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject:

That gives me the idea to flesh out some kind of Performer newbie-help document some day. I tend to forget that not everybody can play a character with all the knowledge of abstracts, equations, and skill requirements that I do, and it's not really easy starting out in a profession that can't killkillforagekillstirflask.
To reiterate, there's lots of stuff to do to get experience, and a lot of it is genuinely enjoyable to play around with just for the sake of playing. Tuning your instrument does give you a small piece of experience, so it's actually benefitting you in more than one way. The spellsongs giving you a little help toward skill values in other activities isn't a bad shake, either.
I think there are musical stores in every non-human racial sector, in addition to Kom Ruhon's pavilion (which featured, and likely will again, one-of-a-kind pieces) at the festival grounds on Chodaku Isle; the Performer's academy will have a small purchasing area for some other new instruments, too.

---
---
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
 Back to top »
Shey

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Oh then I misunderstood something about experience. Even though the majority of the time I played yesterday my mind pool was under halfway full I learned alot. I am actually surprised how much I did learn, I have under 10k for my second promotion! Very Happy

Oh and I was playing around yesterday with pottery and I noticed that there is a mistake in the pottery manual.

-------
Glazing
-------

Glazing is an excellent way to add some extra appeal to project. It will also increase its value! Jars of glaze come in many different shades, are good for about five applications.

1. DIP your glazing brush in the jar of glaze.
2. Be quick! If you wait too long, the glaze will cake on your brush, and you'll need to dip it in water before trying again.
3. GLAZE your project.

That is the final step to completing your pottery! You can now give it away as a gift, keep it for yourself, or sell it to an art dealer. I hope you enjoyed yourself, and I hope you will be inspired to try new things!

Thats from page 8, You can't glaze your project its actually paint it with your brush. Smile

Just thought I would share that.
Thanks so much for the info I am now going shopping for new instruments.

Back to top »
Tess

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
That gives me the idea to flesh out some kind of Performer newbie-help document some day. I tend to forget that not everybody can play a character with all the knowledge of abstracts, equations, and skill requirements that I do, and it's not really easy starting out in a profession that can't killkillforagekillstirflask.

There's a Performer newbie-help document???
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject:

No. I meant that the thread made me think it'd be a good idea to have one.

---
---
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
 Back to top »
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Not yet, I don't think, unless you count Nivza's site.

But what I do to gain exp normally is fish. Wahoo! Buy a good rod and learn the Sailor's Tavern Shanty and you can have a 10 pt bonus to your fishing skill! I've noticed it's harder to catch things at lower levels, thus making it harder to gain experience, but it's definately a nice way to make money and gain exp when you get a little older and are able to devote some skill points into training it.
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tess

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
No. I meant that the thread made me think it'd be a good idea to have one.

Oddly enough this makes the fact that I'm still clueless not hurt so bad. Wink
 Back to top »
Shey

Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Clueless? Well at least your not alone Wink

Yea I seem to be lost with alot of stuff but thats part of the exploring I think. Learning what we can and can't do. I did try the fishing and noticed that even when you don't catch a fish you do get a little bit of learning. you can also do a survey just to get it moving Smile

I am enjoying myself alot and I have been reading the posts but it does seem to take alooooot of time to keep that going.

I didnt know that we could carve so I guess I will find a knife and try to see what happens with that.

Thanks all this is great!

Back to top »
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Believe Nivza has that instrument from the raffle now Haidee... just don't tell her I told ya if you gonna kill her!!
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject:

*puts on her hunting boots* I'ma gunna kill me a Nivza. Wink
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Performers » Welcome
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: