Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
store
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » store
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mischeif

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: store

ill place this in troopers as well, its mainly for the lady death
if i made up a list of items, including description, use, weight, cost....would you consider making a store of tactical stuffs, trooper and merc restricted? since we are both law enforcement and all.

aim me or email me pls
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Since when are Merc's law enforcement?
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Well, we're not law enforcement, but we work for the gov't, kinda. It's like law enforcement, except without the law part.
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject:

So just enforcement.....sounds like thugs to me.
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Professional thugs! Professional thugs that work for the government. Something like that.
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Actually they're just licenseed...I guess the government thinks its going to happen anyways so they might as well get a cut.
mellie
Artistic Bitch

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject:

If I understood Morrigan correctly at the Trooper meeting there will be a "store" in Trooper Headquarters. Not sure about mercs and they so better not be able to get in Trooper HQ!
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
they so better not be able to get in Trooper HQ!

Yeah? Well we don't want to get into your smelly Trooper HQ! You can't get into a place for mercenaries that may or may not exist sometime in the near, or perhaps very far away, future. Ooooooo.
 Back to top »
Mischeif

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject:

by the way it looked, troopers were city police, and mercs were more like state/county. check the strings previous to this one on this topic. and if we are going to segregate between the two....then read your own boards troopers.
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject:

Quote:
If I understood Morrigan correctly at the Trooper meeting there will be a "store" in Trooper Headquarters. Not sure about mercs and they so better not be able to get in Trooper HQ!

Don't worry, Trooper HQ will be for Troopers only. Though putting a Merc only store somewhere isn't totally out of the question.

Quote:
by the way it looked, troopers were city police, and mercs were more like state/county. check the strings previous to this one on this topic. and if we are going to segregate between the two....then read your own boards troopers.

Ok I'm gonna nip this one in the bud now. Sorry if there was any confusion in the way that this was explained, but Mercs aren't going to be like police. Troopers are the closest thing to police that we're going to see here in Haelrahv. Mercs are like bounty hunters (ya know think Renegade) where they have certain powers under the law, as in contracts, but beyond that they are just guns for hire. I've called it law enforcement, because contracts are a legally sanctioned system and Mercs are protected under the law from whatever consequences that contract brings. And when I was talking in another thread about Merc jurisdiction being outside of towns, I meant that they would have authority(via a contract) in the countryside, where as Troopers would be restricted to the cities only...well unless there was some giant war or something.

I hope this clears up the confusion.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject:

Brenton wrote:
So just enforcement.....sounds like thugs to me.

Here in the States, we just call it "Homeland Security" and hope nobody notices.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Downtweak

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Here in the States, we just call it "Homeland Security" and hope nobody notices.

Shh... Patriot Act, Mickey, Patriot Act.

Code:
They hate me because I am the accumulation of the knowledge of Death.  That knowledge is a curse to them instead of a useful burden.

-Nef; From the Dust Returned
 Back to top »
Mischeif

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject:

Quote:

leaves it alone....will just continue being myself. will decide what is to be done when it goes live and we have more concrete answers. kinda feels like work huh...oh wait, that would be homeland defense.

soooooooo basicly what im getting from this, is when the troopers cant catch them, or when they break out, then its mercs? so thats more of bounty hunting and serving warrants (which i wont go into how most cities with a population over 50 use SWAT to hand out warrants, would be pointless cause that would take it away from the troopers) thats as played out as renegade, notice it didnt last long *grins*. well let the troopers have it all. personaly, i dont buy into the rent a cop idea.

kinda like work too...we outnumber the air force cops 7 to 1, but when things happen good, they get the credit. we cant, we arent authorized to fill the position we were in to make the bust....oh well
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject:

Bounty Hunters don't serve warrants. They apprehend bail jumpers. I live in a city of over a million people and bounty hunters do business here, as they do in most of the country.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Mischeif

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject:

i checked, i said bounty hunters and (stresses the and) serve warrants. im probably mistaken when i understood that mercs would serve warrants as well. but only when they are outside of the troopers jurisdictions. that is what i was also imply'n the swat to.

other than that, *shrugs* guess we will fall under rent-a-cops somewhere, and scramble for whichever scraps the troopers decide to drop from the table. personaly i wont participate in that, so hermit life i return to.

g'day
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » store
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: