FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Experience
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » "Live" Discussions » Experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Experience

Are we going to have pools that drain in Live? And will it be beneficial to keep the pool full (like in DR, you get a lot more going ML -> bewildered than pondering -> thoughtful) or will they be like they are now?

Has this already been asked? I forgot... well, at least now it's in the right folder.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject:

Draining pools, yes. Beneficial to have full, in short, I don't know, I've been wavering on it until I get to actually writing it. On one hand it is beneficial to game balance, anti scripting etc. On the other, it reduces your ability to RP without sacrificing advancement.

Your thoughts are welcome.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject:

I think I'd rather sacrifice a bit of balance than feel like I should spend every moment IG fighting or else I'll fall behind. Plus, I like that I can fill my pool and then go to my vault or rent a lab or something for an hour and take a break. I think that that really prevents burnout and such, being able to relax and RP in-game, or daydream in-game and do something else IRL without feeling like you're sacrificing something.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject:

Of course on the other hand, many people feel that since they don't need to work while having a bit of experience in their pool, they have nothing to do and they're bored. <g> It's a catch 22 I guess. But there is always something to do if you look around.

Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, that's true too... hmm. Well, here's another question: Will we have separate pools for the different... umm... the different... areas, maybe? Like if you go fight for a while and get a full pool, that's all going to drain into combat. If you have a full combat pool and then go train alchemy, is that going to fill a different pool? Or will it just add on to your current pool... say it's 75% full and it's all going to drain into combat. If you work alchemy, will that fill it up the remaining 25%, and then when combat is done, you'll drain into alchemy?

Did that make sense?
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject:

You'd be filling the pool for the skill genre in question and other applicable pools. Since combat and alchemy are greatly differently, they'd be classed under separate genres.

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » "Live" Discussions » Experience
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: