FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Gridguns/Splatterguns
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Bug Reports » Gridguns/Splatterguns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drainm2

Post Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Gridguns/Splatterguns

Something I noticed before... but it seems to act more and more like a bug to me...

Gridguns and such "recharge" to shoot after the initial first 3 shots. However...suppose you fire 2 and kill something and move on. The next thing you fight, no matter how long it has been it seems, is the final shot of those 3 before it has to recharge again. Also...after it is done recharging, if you fire immediately you can only get 1 more shot out before it has to recharge again, not the three. Incase that doesnt make much since...
1) 3 shots to recharge for firing, regardless of time gap between these shots
2) Not fully recharging after the waiting period... see example below

Quote:
>shoot set
Your gatling-gauss gun is not yet ready to fire again.
>
Your gatling-gauss gun whirrs to a stop as the multiple barrels lock back in place to unleash more fury.
shoot set
shoot set
Fumbling a bit in the process of taking a shot, you fire a gatling-gauss gun with digital smartlink and targeting feeds at a borkin settler. Amazingly, you land a slight hit to her left arm as a borkin settler fails to dodge the attack.
... another shot hits!
... another shot hits!
... another shot hits!
A borkin settler reels and falls flat on her back!
... another shot hits!
[You are fairly well balanced, healthy, and well rested.]
Roundtime: 1 sec.
... wait 1 second.
>Your gatling-gauss gun whirrs to a stop as the multiple barrels lock back in place to unleash more fury.

normally...that second shot, shown here as the "... wait 1 second," shows up as the gatling-gauss gun isnt ready to fire...after the 1 shot. I had a quick recharge after this instance though.

EDIT: ok...just did it again...

Quote:
>shoot doe
Your gatling-gauss gun whirrs to a stop as the multiple barrels lock back in place to unleash more fury.
A hoaweisho doe stands back up.
Awkwardly, a hoaweisho doe attempts to ram you. With skill, you dodge the attack, barely breaking a sweat.
>shoot doe
Patiently waiting for a good shot, you fire a gatling-gauss gun with digital smartlink and targeting feeds at a hoaweisho doe. In short order, you land a fair hit to her chest as a hoaweisho doe fails to dodge the attack.
A hoaweisho doe is completely dazed by the attack!
... another shot hits!
A hoaweisho doe falls still.
>shoot doe
>
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Thanks. I don't know if this will even be addressed in test, but maybe.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
2) Not fully recharging after the waiting period

I figured that that's how it was supposed to be. It recharges enough for one shot, then you get the message, but it keeps recharging so you can fire off three eventually.
 Back to top »
drainm2

Post Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I figured that that's how it was supposed to be. It recharges enough for one shot, then you get the message, but it keeps recharging so you can fire off three eventually.

Thats the thing though....eventually. It should be 3 shots, wait..3 shots, wait...3 shots, wait i think. Like a gatling gun. They have to wind down after firing. Once done winding down the barrel locks in place and is ready to unleash hell.
 Back to top »
Downtweak

Post Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject:

[quote[It should be 3 shots, wait..3 shots, wait...3 shots, wait i think.[/quote]

This would actually be to your disadvantage.

Code:
They hate me because I am the accumulation of the knowledge of Death.  That knowledge is a curse to them instead of a useful burden.

-Nef; From the Dust Returned
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject:

I misundertstood this thread. It is intended that pulse weapons, including grid/splatter, charge one shot at a time up to their max. It is also intended you are not informed of recharge until it is fully at three charges.

Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject:

HR Trevor wrote:
It is also intended you are not informed of recharge until it is fully at three charges.

I think there's a bug in that... maybe. Lemme check.

*slightly later* Yeah, it informs you when it's ready to fire one shot, but then it recharges really fast... let me try to get some IG code in here real fast.

Code:
>fire bers
Gauging the shot with care, <....>
>fire bers
Patiently waiting for a good shot, <...>
>
The distinct whirring sound that barely emanates from an advanced Rtuzma heavy pulse rifle with a rugged black and gray finish informs you that it is ready to fire again.
fire bers
Patiently waiting for a good shot <...>
>fire bers
Your pulse rifle is not yet ready to fire again.
The distinct whirring sound that barely emanates from an advanced Rtuzma heavy pulse rifle with a rugged black and gray finish informs you that it is ready to fire again.

It fires twice, then gives me the recharge message and I fire off another shot real fast, I try a second one and it says it's not charged. Then, almost instantly it tells me that it's ready. So I dunno if it's giving me the message after it's charged for one shot, or if it IS charging fully, but giving me the message slightly early, or something weird like that.
 Back to top »
Gabriel

Post Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject:

SolitaryTurnip wrote:
It fires twice, then gives me the recharge message and I fire off another shot real fast, I try a second one and it says it's not charged. Then, almost instantly it tells me that it's ready. So I dunno if it's giving me the message after it's charged for one shot, or if it IS charging fully, but giving me the message slightly early, or something weird like that.

It takes a little bit for non-multi hit ones to reach full charge. You can just keep firing once and waiting for the recharge, or wait a little bit for all three.

-Gabriel
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject:

I thought Trevor was saying that it shouldn't inform you until it has reached full charge. Maybe I misunderstood something somewhere.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Er um, sorry, it only tells you when it goes from 0 to 1. I just remembered making it so you didn't get a spam message per charge. <g>

Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Ah hah, gotcha. Thanks.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Bug Reports » Gridguns/Splatterguns
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: